Your existing mounts will NOT be able to fly in the new expansion

It seem nothing is good enough for you

2 Likes

Next time the devs complain about flight make them design assets for bejeweled or whatever blizzards mindless mobile game is till they quit.

1 Like

They’re literally trying to improve the experience of flying though.

The traditional form added in BC is so basic and boring. It’s almost literally just a noclip command with an animation. Like seriously? This is what you want?

Flying is so much better and more dynamic in so many other games. WoW’s trying to incorporate that–though, granted, I heard something about stamina on the mount and that needs to bugger right off.

11 Likes

It’s the developer mindset designing things in a way to still push you to explore everything they’ve designed. With this system, it lets you advance your flying on your dragon so you can reach higher and higher places.

If I were to play 10.0, this feature seems interesting and I suspect once the dragon isles becomes irrelevant and you go to a new zone somewhere, they’ll open up flying more.

If they restrict it so you can’t use any other mount for the whole duration of the expansion in said zone then that is a bad move IMO.

I like that they are experimenting and if done right, this seems like a nice change up for WoW and can add to muh immersion :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: but that’s just me.

Yes.

I don’t want a mount resource management mini-game.

19 Likes

hype going flacid

8 Likes

You read the rest of the post where I said the stamina/resource system should bugger off?

The mechanics/physics overall look cool though.

This 100%.

Glad someone else can see how drooling WoW’s flying has always been.

3 Likes

I did read that, but it doesn’t matter because it’s not going to bugger off. It’s part of the package.

1 Like

I Hope its not as fast as it was in the cinema. When I fly so fast I crash into things :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Then I guess we’ll have to see how it pans out!

I think the dragon riding system looks really cool. I’ve wanted more dynamic and engaging flight for years.

As it stands, I will literally fly as high as I can, point in a direction, toggle auto run, and either get up and leave or tab out.

Not exactly good gameplay. haha

Yes.

I am here. I want to go there. I would like to go in a straight line in the air from here to there. Movement doesn’t need to be a minigame.

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.

24 Likes

They’re still butthurt about being proven wrong in WoD. It was the first and most demonstrable consequence of telling the player base “you’re not getting flying, too bad”. Queue #noflynobuy and the mass exodus.

It was the first time they truly realized there were other MMOs/options and saw subs drop so low they actually stopped publishing their numbers.

19 Likes

I think that it’ll be good.
And I’m slowly changing my mind after reading so many comments.
I think that we’ll start on the ground and we’ll explore and see the design and that is a good thing as they’ve promised us a LOT to explore.
Then we’ll get dragonriding and we’ll learn to swoop and we’ll get a talent tree of some kind to level our skills up over a long time and we’ll get skilled at booking it across the zones.
Then, we’ll finally get flying. And we can use our old mounts to hop and pick herbs and to get up on the air to refill our coffee. And our playstyle will be based on need; whether to book it across the zone or to hop around.

Now, do you think that we’ll get flight points?

2 Likes

I actually agree with this. My issue isn’t the fact that they’re changing the nature of flying. My issue is how unbelievably stupid it is that I won’t be able to use any of my existing flying mounts in a similar fashion. Literally all my flying mounts will somehow “forget” to fly because of “reasons”. Now obviously that happens now with pathfinder but at least with pathfinder that stupidity gets removed eventually.

If they’re gonna do some stamina bar thing for example, then fine. Put a stamina bar on all the mounts when in the dragon Isles.

7 Likes

im ok with that its better for emersion.

1 Like

But that’s so boring. lol

Just roll a mage and teleport. Better, roll a vulpera mage so you have an extra hearthstone.

I hope so

This news has implications on mount sales.

If I can’t sell mounts, I’ll have less money. And me having less money is bad.

RIOT

2 Likes

Yeah but this is Blizzard that’s going to be implementing this so my brain automatically defaults too “So whats the catch?”

4 Likes

This I agree with. The system absolutely should be expanded to other flying mounts if they’re going to do it.

1 Like