Your Dream Expansion

I second this, all the way!

WotLK with MoP class design.

Cata 2.0 but done better. Re invent the old world. No new zones. No new borrowed power. Focus on questing and exploring.

Or Azeroth, just before she wakes, and being the benevolent being that she is, she will send us all to a brand new world filled with the potential for new zones we cannot get to until further expansions reveal them with unique races, beasts and environments.

WotLK pvp blew though, was really pretty unbelievably bad other than WG, and even that was bad if it was just a dk steamroll.

MoP class design was the best. Totally agree that everything else about Wrath was the best though.

an entire expansion dedicated to goblins.

This would be good. I’d like something like this.

I’d add in that there would still be wars but they’d be small, localized to certain areas between certain tribes/cartels.

1 Like

My dream expansion is literally Shadowlands, but with the ability to join the Maw covenant and side with my queen.

Like true forsaken should.

3 Likes

I still dream of my World of Warriors expansion :drop_of_blood: :axe::crossed_swords::shield: :muscle:

Easiest way to balance classes before adding a new one MoP design with the extra moves from legion.

Dark rangers wardens and blood mages(battle mage for other races)

Couldn’t care less what the story was about.

Sylvanas back as warchief

Playable man’ari ( formally know as erodar), sanlayn and something I cant remember at the moment

updated nightborne models

Able to level up legendaries from old expacs to be used in current gameplay

More to be added later

I would play this expansion. I very much miss the early MoP skill trees and the feeling of true growth & progression.I even enjoyed Warlords quite a bit before the great drought. Now things feel too formulaic with system upon system doubling down on themselves. It’s like the current design direction is stuck in a rut and following a flawed line of thinking to a very messy logical conclusion.

I want quality. Simple quality. Growth. Adventure.

I hope for a return to these things sometime down the road but it may be awhile, if ever.

1 Like

A full refresh. I’d like them to strip the classes back to bare bones, balance them in a modern context (re unique abilities) and build them up again. Look at talent trees afresh, look at professions etc.

I’d be interested in a time jump for wow and a chance to wander through an Azeroth thats moved on and is full of new things to explore.

Yes. LFG killed the game’s social community. Mythic+ is nothing but spamming spamming spamming same thing over and over and its BORRRINNNGGG. Never feels rewarding. Ever. The gear you get from it is never a WOW feeling.

So what if there is ganking? It is an MMO, plus you can just turn WM off…
I meant in replace of the ones already on Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms

Class fantasy is like what they did in legion. Every class had an order hall, you had an entire story line dedicated to your class. Weapons, armor, and mounts all tied to the class. It was awesome.

They do not design around DBM lmao. DBM tells you every little thing you need to do in every dungeon and raid. Sorry but its a massive crutch to what raids used to be. People have gotten better at the game since Vanilla/TBC/WOTLK so I would say that it would be awesome to see raids and dungeons without alerts and whistles telling you exactly when to move and what to watch out for.

Yes, less portals, make people travel again. Make the world feel alive again.

Obviously, everything to you is precious Quality of Life. Its only quality of life to solo players that want to feel like they are part of something. The game used to force you to interact with others and group up. Now everything is the click of a button.

Besides this is my dream expansion why are you even ridiculing it lmao.

I think an expansion focused on rebuilding was the coolest idea I saw. I think we see a lot of things get destroyed or blown up rather than seeing the process of a new area develop it’s culture, architecture and its government.

Let the characters be a part of that history for building never before seen things.

2 Likes

PC Dragons. Class and race. Tinkers as an NPC only class.

A ton of dungeons for m+. Like 15+.

New BG and Arena maps. New pvp type - arena with objectives (basically 3 man BGs on a smaller scale). Murder ball, hot potato, etc.

All endgame content fills up the vault, all max item level loot come from only the vault or unique-equip BoP crafting.

I would love to see a pirate themed expansion personally with no borrowed powers. The expansion could involve a conflict with the Steamwheedle Cartel Factions.

I wouldn’t mind seeing an expansion about the Dragon Isles either. Also would like to see a new Battleground added perhaps with Strand of the Ancients making a return as this was one of my favorite Battlegrounds prior to it’s removal.

One thing I would keep is the Vault we have in Oribos. Keep it for future expansions after Shadowlands ends. Bringing back bonus rolls would be a nice thing to see as well.

3 Likes

My dream expansion is one where they release content more than once every 9 months and pvp isn’t a big pile of dog****.

2 Likes

1.Entire class overhaul. The game is beyond outdated at this point.
2. old talent trees and legion artifact weapon progression system.
3. Joining alliance and horde into 1 faction while creating a new faction where we can 100% pick the faction that’s has ‘‘bad or evil’’ intents.
4. A huge expansion of customizations for our characters, it’s embarrassing what we got as '‘an expansion feature’ for shadowlands. Especially when it was just that and not a continuation through patch cycles.
5. Way better story plots and letting the bad guy win for once. Seriously… We need weight in the story where it prolongs the plot into another expansion…We never fail to succeed in the end, it’s silly af.
6. A cataclysm level overhaul for the world. Instead of going to other planets. Azeroth should get cataclysm 2.0 via us coming back from shadowlands 100-200 years later etc.

1 Like

Lots of ‘optional’ storyline. LOTS AND LOTS. enough to get you your 10 levels. I want goosebumps like I did with;

I want to loath a character, I want to get emotional.

But at the same time, make it completely skippable with a TLDR for PVPers and those who don’t give a :duck:

The topic? the fabled dragon isles? Aid the dragons on regaining their ability to reproduce. A hilarious questline to teach one how to get la- I mean, help him find a suitable mate. (and why this shouldnt be a human)
With the help of the dragons, restore zones of the world. (dead scar, teldrassil, ect ect)

1 Like

last decade called, they said No.

2 Likes