Your character name mispronouced

Yep. If they’re a random that I’ll never see again I let it go.

If it’s a new friend who I’ve started hanging out with I’ll correct them so it’s right going forward.

Hernia jokes… hernia jokes galore… the last e is silent in English. It’s Hern.

my name irl is irish so you can imagine the trouble ive had my entire life
my character names are usually pretty straight forward

2 Likes

Ulk I guess I can’t help it :rofl:

You done messed up A A ron. Now take yourself down to O Shag Hennesies office!

People think my name comes from sort of mango called Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo but I can’t find it at the grocery store.

This is correct :white_check_mark:

1 Like

Never been in voice chat, so have never heard someone use the name, but I’m sure people seeing it on the forums probably get it wrong. In my head it’s SHAY-ZIN, where I’m sure people think it’s SHA-ZIN, especially coming from MoP and the Sha…but it is in fact SHAYzin. :smiley: /shrug

People keep calling me “Space-Floozy” when it’s clearly “Spock-Effle-Oh-Ozzee.” Jeez…

I would imagine most people playing FF are more in touch with Japanese pronunciation of things. A Japanese person would absolutely pronounce that name “Dah-ee-zah” which would sound like “Die-zah/Die-zuh” when spoken quickly.

2 Likes

I would added another ‘e’ to Elk, Miss Summer. :wink:

1 Like

I have a friend who insists on pronouncing this character’s name as Eye-Buck-eye, Instead of ee-boo-key

1 Like

Which game is that from? It looks familiar?

They mispronounce it constantly

So many people say it like Daddy

That’s Ibuki from the Street Fighter series. I was taking a wild guess that your name was based on her, lol.

I honestly forgot she was part of Street-Fighter.

But no the character name comes from Ibuki-Douji A figure from Japanese Mythology.

Well then

My next guess was Ibuki from Danganronpa, lol.

Best necro ever

I mean they aren’t bad guesses! I’m just a mythology nerd :dracthyr_heart:

1 Like

This characters name is always pronounced by people as Carol though its really supposed to be “Ker-ole”.

I don’t blame them and even wrote it into her actual story that everyone gets it wrong and she just rolls with it. lol