You will not bring your classic characters to TBC

Blizzard will do a fresh start. I do not see why people would want players starting off in TBC with gear that can basically bring them straight into raiding and giving them the ability to ignore the pre raid gearing part of the game.

Your average player will probably have around at least 5k gold in prep for epic flying, most ppl will have have epic flying the day they hit 70 if we allow character progression.

‘‘but back in the day i got to go to TBC with my classic character!’’ This is wow classic. not just ‘‘World of Warcraft’’ so that argument is completely invalid especially since they will still have Classic realms up anyway.

Fresh start with lv 58 characters is the best way to handle TBC. Still gives that good fresh feeling without making us do the 1-58 azeroth grind again.

28 Likes

We already have this thread.

13 Likes

TBC classic would be dead on arrival if we all had to restart. No thanks.

74 Likes

Either level 1 or destroy the Classic character upon successful transfer. I would hope Blizzard isn’t tremendously stupid and allows BiS forever on Vanilla AND the massive head start on BC.

8 Likes

I feel like making everybody start fresh is how you get the Horde to be 90% Blood Elves.

Not that I’m opposed to the elfpocalpyse.

11 Likes

Not sure how you think you know what they are going to do. They are either going to have you be able transfer or not. Why does it matter?

2 Likes

the problem i have is that all the ppl that want to bring there classic characters to TBC want this because there feelings want it, they dont look at things from a realistic view, they want to feel like special snowflakes with there gear because it makes them feel better about themselves. Ppl that want fresh starts are the realists of the game that alrdy know how things are gonna roll out. Ppl will get mad about it but they will get over it, its better for the game overall

6 Likes

I would assume they release it just like they did originally as it would make sense as it is an expansion to the original game. dont know why they wouldnt do that now…

5 Likes

This is a problem?

It’s about progressing characters from one chapter, to the next.

Sounds like Classic Characters can progress onto TBC, to me :wink:

9 Likes

I mean, we did that the first time, why would they change it? Your argument makes no sense and its been beaten to death.

8 Likes

Well for one things that’s never how expansion releases have worked, most people want to A) keep playing their character B) not regrind for weeks just to play the new stuff.

12 Likes

You are completely wrong

1 Like

You’re projecting incredibly hard.

6 Likes

Same here, sucks my enhancement shaman can’t duel wield in classic and getting to level 22 was pain of butt to not restart, my fire mage needs her dragon breath later in game, why should we restart cause couple guilds fully geared up and gold stuffed from exploiting game?

3 Likes

While most people will replay a game every person has a limit. I played vanilla through to BFA on a priest, hunter, druid, and rogue. Along with a dozen alts scattered at various levels. I know what I like to play in this game, favorite class second, third etc. I like to play a holy priest so I made another one to play classic. Playing Rotsta all over again after 15 years is fun but doing it in classic to create a holy priest at level 1 in BC to, likely, create another holy priest in wrath to do it all over again is more replaying of the same game then I’m willing to do. Let alone do it with my hunter, rogue, and druid again too. Plus what ever other alts I play along the way.

If I knew now that all the time spent in classic would just disappear in BC I would quit now. I’d wait until BC came out to level from 1 to 60, but no. Actually I’d wait until Wrath since if I lose the time spent in classic when BC comes out it’s likely Blizzard will do the same thing when wrath comes out.

I really don’t care about the gold or the gear though I understand that some do. I care about the time spent and the increased boredom each time I replay the game.

1 Like

Tell me something, I am sure your a “NoChanges” person. How did TBC launch back in vanilla? Because that is how they will launch it this time. Get over it.

12 Likes

They’re probably going to release a variety of servers based on public interest.

Everyone can breathe a bit.

4 Likes

There is zero chance they don’t allow a Classic character copy.

11 Likes

Too bad I will.

I doubt even you believe this.

5 Likes