"You want mythic gear for logging in!"

Maybe they could. Who knows how long that would take to recoup the initial expense and how much blowback they get if that being the primary funding for it means all the good stuff is store not in-game.

I think if the analysis showed it was probably going to be worthwhile, we’d have had it by now. But they could also just not want to do it at all.

1 Like
  1. Im a healer
  2. I was advocating for meters being in the game
  3. Its a jerk move. You attack a person because your argument is bad
  4. I dont raid

What would one do exactly with “player housing” and how would this benefit the game? Is this gonna become World of Better Homes and Gardens? My lord…

They’ve already talked about it being an interest in the community so they do know of it. Probably the best way would be to develop assets a little at a time. And they have been putting updated houses into the game files.

1 Like

Oh my bad. “Spreadsheet no-lives” wasn’t an attack?

Let’s address the elephant in the room. Why DON’T you raid…

Also healing meters are a thing. Same with healing parses.

I was actually about to answer their question of why play an mmo if you like to play solo, but their posts since asking that has really put me off.

I dont know if theyre trolling, but it seems clear that they actively dislike those who play the game differently to them.
So i dont think productive conversation is possible either way.

2 Likes

Good.

Probably not.

I have a family and a career. I raided Vanilla to Wrath and then didnt have the time. PVP is just more adult friendly.

For the third time, im advocating FOR meters

Im mid 30s, I am a husband who enjoys frequent date nights, trips, etc. I am also a Journeyman pipefitter/welder, licensed chief boiler operator for a high pressure steam production facility and in my senior year of electrical engineering that is soon to graduate with a bachelors and will be going back for my MBA. So i relate that time management can be difficult, but not impossible.

PVE is equally adult friendly, if you apply yourself.

I still don’t see your arguement as to why you can’t raid.

And i get you are advocating for meters, but aren’t meters for the “spreadsheet no-lifes”?

most of the world is undergoing a population implosion.

there a fewer people to do things with even just over the last 20 years.

team based games are going to quickly have more trouble working and queue based models and AI are going to have to be implemented.

Thats an abstract contribution…

I would guess its more likely going that way due to the increased sentiment of instant gratification. No one wants to have goals to work toward anymore. And thats the real travesty of it.

1 Like

I can raid. I just find it more boring than fun. And i like PVP substantially more. I guess im not sure why youre this worried about it. I assume youre not suggesting i do something i dont find fun.

Especially with the advent of solo shuffle, its much easier to get a few games in on my schedule.

No, PVPers use them as well. This was a sort of birdshot statement and to me it means a lot of things, ill try to be brief:

1. M+ has sucked the oxygen out of the room for development of other parts of the game. Im especially salty about Torghast. They didnt like that they needed to go there for Leggos. Now thats Blizzards fault, but im fairly certain a roguelike was going to be a new end game pillar and the PVE community ruined it.

2. One of the reasons i love Torghast is because i loved Vanilla dungeons. Amd those are never coming back. I loved BRD. Utility was required. There were no guides. No LFD. You had to play the hand you were dealt. M+ kinda killed that. And its probably the right call, M+ is more popular than BRD but again its actively killing other parts of the game.

3. The spreadsheet thing is basically a complaint about optimized gameplay. One of the reasons i think Hardcore was so popular is because its anti-optimization. I think theres demand for it.

But i mostly play retail. And i live in a world where we saw Torghast die. No BG for over 5 years, and megadungeons that last a patch, need AOTC, and then get chopped up for M+

M+ is eating the game. And i really hate it. If they did their own thing and didnt affect other development, i wouldnt care. But it does.

2 Likes

your response reads the minds of players…

mine simply states a fact of available players.

I want you guys to have a realistic conversation.

People hide behind Gear progression system when they really mean higher ilevel sometimes.

And on the flip side, you have silly people who say you want gear to fall from the sky or to get it from logging in…

Both types are exhausting, disingenuous people

2 Likes

Source for this?

I enjoy some group content and I enjoy some solo content. A console game does not give me both. As well a single player RPG does not have a living, evolving story world like an MMORPG does. They are not the same and do not scratch the same itch.

MMORPGS are rarely 100% group only 100% of the time. There is usually a mix of stuff you do with friends and things you can go off and explore on your own. Just because there are exciting dungeons and raids to dive into at the end of the story, doesn’t mean the story and quests along the way don’t matter and should no longer be a part of the game.

Also, sometimes the more casual open world content is good for teams of two or three… smaller group stuff. That’s good sometimes too. Lots of different ways to explore and enjoy Azeroth is great.

1 Like

Im not.

Is it wrong to try to optimize your capability? Do we not do this in life?

I can actually agree with this.

1 Like

We don’t all collectively do it along one metric.

Just look at the whining from Augmenter being implemented.

What can you explore in a 19 year old game besides the latest content patch? Lol