"You want mythic gear for logging in!"

Always been a thing.

Always gonna be a thing.

The game is built on people coveting stuff.

I mean, my ideal system would literally be one where we all get templates and gear isn’t even relevant.

I still don’t think world or solo content ought to drop the same gear as raid or M+ or PvP.

In comparison the only things you can show off over others in Gw2 is mount cosmetics or legendary gear which is only like 1-2.5% better stats than ascended gear.

Whats to stop a future expansion from starting everyone off with the same gear in all slots and allowing skill in group play to truly show in raids/dungeons with brand new mechanics built around the new no gear method for WoW.

It already does. :dracthyr_blob_dance_animated: Almost most people seem to enjoy gearing in one way or another so I don’t think that’s anything they’ll ever simply take away.

1 Like

It’s not the casual playstyle that’s the problem. It’s the repeated “I don’t even want to attempt this content, but I want the rewards that content offers” whining on the forums

It’s the “some slight thing isn’t perfectly the way I want it, so the game isn’t ‘casual friendly’” forum whining.

It’s the blatant misrepresentations of the current and historical state of the game on the forums.

1 Like

The point of this thread is to show that this isn’t the case for the vast majority of people.

Feedback is not necessarily whining. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

your opinion and that’s great but if it was only dungeons leading to raids, then wow would be considered group content. unfortunately that is not the case as the 10s of thousands of quests are more than enough to take a lv 1 char to level cap and be completed solo.

before scaling was implemented, the solo char had to look for help doing some of the actual difficult (and survivable) quests. quests had levels of difficulty assigned to them based on the char’s current level: red, yellow, hard blue, light blue, green, white and of course dark grey.

most tanks could solo most of the quests regardless of difficulty level, but get a squishy in there and you needed help.

those are the days of questing I miss the most. when the game itself was challenging and it was easier to make friends. nothing can compete with running up to a mob you needed to kill only to find one or two others standing around unable to do so due to the difficulty of taking the mob out.

2 Likes

I would add (and there has been progress)

Auto grouping.

People rarely group. No incentive. I know this is a solo thread but hear me out.

I like to solo until its time to not solo.

It’s great we share kills, all you have to do is tag the mob.

But we need a quick group option like Ive seen in Diablo.

“Person is doing the same thing as you, group up?” Yes/No

This way we can benefit from Heroism, Auras, interface benefits, etc.

3 Likes

For the most part they usually donʻt, but when they do, folks can forget to be cool and can get nasty quickly.

I hang around Maarukai challenge arena for just that reason. In case someone needs a tank to help there. Although I have discovered that sometimes being too quick on the draw resets the mob.

3 Likes

None of this is going to happen. The mythic runners will complain that there is not enough resources and time for all that since it will affect their precious esports. We solo and casual players no longer matter.

I just completed Loremaster of Dragon Isles, got Explorer of Dragon Isles, and I’m currently working on getting purple gear (adventure gear) and when I have all purple gear just a hairline over 400 ilevel, I’m done with this xpac.

No way in hell I’m doing dungeons. The few Dragon Isles pugs I’ve tried, I never got a single item other than a few silvers and a few gold. Why would I bang my head on the table dealing with GO GO GO players and not get any gear for the run?

Cheers!

1 Like

This mindset always seemed so strange to me because asking for player housing is not asking for the loss of a raid tier. Its asking for player housing on top of the usual raid tiers

It’s up to Blizzard whether or not its worth their while to expand their team to make it happen (I think it is) but there is absolutely nothing that says it has to be only one or the other.

You’re the only one I have ever seen say that about SWTOR and WoW is anything but fine atm.

Love this idea. Seriously.

1 Like

Which is still arguably bad, no matter how you try to sugar coat it.

Steamcharts is pretty telling lol,

Month Avg. Players Gain % Gain Peak Players
Last 30 Days 4,365.8 -607.9 -12.22% 7,384

Completely agree. It’s not my mindset, but that’s one of the first things I hear from the mythic people when the subject comes up. It is strange.

1 Like

I’ve been doing KSH all Dragonflight and I want a bunch of side things like this. I’d love to have housing- think of the ways they could tie in professions for that!

I am NOT a fan of story content being locked to dungeons or raids, such as a Sarkareth kill or doing Dawn of the Infinites to be able to see cinematics. You can’t simply avoid them because everyone and their mother in the WoW community plasters spoilers all over thumbnails and articles for views.

2 Likes

The sky is one of the best places for pie to be. If it weren’t for that darned gravity
 mumbles

2 Likes

We had solo dungeons. It was called Torghast and these entitled cry babies killed it. This is what Blizzard gets for listening to these spreadsheet no-lifes who demand the entire game be focused around them.

• IO score was a mistake while adding nothing of substance (i hate damage meters but theyre more useful than IO score)
  • Increased investment in M+ while everything else rots on the vine (like pvp) is a mistake
  • The vault is a mistake

Those of us who have fun doing the non-ordained content take a backseat to these other people and its so depressing. They killed Torghast and they still get coddled. These deserve nothing and should get less.