You think expansion comes out this year?

doubt it. We probably will hear what’s the next xpac if we’re not getting 9.3 this year but safe to say it’ll be early to mid next year

1 Like

I fail to see how with all the content droughts we have had with SL they said were caused by Covid. I realize there are allegedly two teams but if one team fumbled the ball I would imagine the other was still on track for a normal release schedule.

Think about that for a minute. If we’re not getting a 9.3, which we’re going to fight the big bad next patch, so end of expansion = 9.2 is final major content patch, You’re saying we’re going to have a full year to a year and a half on the same content patch to play around with? That’s what you’re saying, right?

The game would die at this point if they did that. 9.2 will be like every other major content patch and cover 4.5 months at the most, with 9.2.5 covering another 3-5 months. That’s just not enough content to cover a full year of nothing, considering x.x.5 patches are usually just story and quality of life patches. The ONLY exception was 9.0.5, but that was because their initial patch was delayed considerably.

Mark my words, they’re going to cut their losses just like they did in WoD.

1 Like

If it does it will be december and it will be an unpolished mess, again.

2 Likes

No, if we were getting a new expansion there would be a blizzcon this year to announce it. Don’t hold your breathe.

1 Like

they probably were hoping for a 9.2 a 9.3 and a 9.4 so they’re probably rushed too.

also, grats on post 20k.

Legion wasn’t announced at Blizzcon in 2015, rather Gamescom. They don’t need Blizzcon to make an announcement. It’s just a natural place to announce releases.

I don’t want it this year! There is no way it’ll be polished or ready on time. They really need more time. Just add another content patch or two for faillands to get some more time to actually release a good expansion for once. Not sure I can take another bfa/sl disaster.

no /10char

1 Like

yea they probably would. But remember it took them 14 months to release legion from wod. Part of me hope they’ll release the next xpac in under a year but I know it’ll be a mess if they do. And I think this is their last chance w/ all the things happening around wow and actiblizz. So yea I rather have a good xpac than another money grab

I think that’s why they’ll cut their losses on Shadowlands, to be honest. More development resources to finish the next expansion that would have otherwise been used on a 9.3 and 9.3.5 patch.

1 Like

I think they already did but it still wont be ready this year. And I’d be really surprise if it did. And tbh me personally if it’s another bad expac I might just cut my loses as well and just move on

1 Like

It has to. Blizzard gets expansion money every 2 years. They would rather cut a patch out of a current expansion, to just jump into making the next expansion. It’s guaranteed that they’re releasing an expansion this year or in the first 2 months of 2023.

If they had a choice between 9.2.5, 9.3, and a 9.3.5 or skip these 3 and put ALL this development time into 10.0 for an earlier release they’d 100% pick the expansion. Why? Money. You don’t get box-price $$$$ if they did 9.2.5, 9.3, and 9.3.5… But they get money for 10.0. You have to buy it to play the next expansion.

Box Price + more subs from new expansion > just subs from fixing current expansion.

2 Likes

yes.

why? because they already stated 9.2 is the last major patch so were not going to see any more big patches we will likely see a 9.2.5 but not like a 9.3 and the whole numbers are typically reserved for major patches if i am not mistaken? if no new patch i mean were in one hell of a long haul for a content drought if you ask me.

the hardest part of this game is the damn content droughts. it’s so long and usually so boring. yes lots of content to still do but not everyone is interested in doing those content.

1 Like

I’m still hopeful about the whole time works different in shadowlands and when we go back to our world is super far into the future and turaylon has ruined everything and yrel is there with him and we have to fight the light.

First raid, scarlet crusade temple or something lol…

1 Like

It never takes them 1 year to make an expansion. With covid behind, and putting all the development of 9.2.5, 9.3, and 9.3.5 + normal time for 10.0 will make it this year.

That’s why they’re cutting 9.3. Not because they can’t do it, but because they’re wanting to speed up release of 10.0 this year. They release an expansion every 2 years, with 3 major patches post expansion launch patch. So every 2 years they release 4 major patches.

10.0 will be the MOST developed expansion in WoW history in terms of how many months it’ll take to develop.

There’s never been an expansion that’ll have the combined time from both normal expansion development + 2 x.x.5’s and a x.3 major patch.

1 Like

Can confirm here:

After 9.2, the only thing we’ll get is a quality of life/story patch before 10.0. They won’t dare drag it out past January of 2023. I’m still saying November of this year for the next expansion.

3 Likes

To reiterate, this is because they’re using 9.2.5, 9.3, and 9.3.5 on top of the normal dev time already laid out for 10.0.

Normal dev time for 10.0 is much slower than normal because of factors like the Blizzard controversy and covid… throw in 9.2.5, 9.3, and 9.3.5 total dev time on top of the normal 10.0 dev time and you have a normal window of development for an expansion. Probably even moreso.

It’s my guess we’re still getting a mini-9.2.5 possibly as a lore-wrap up with some extra stuff. It will be a small x.x.5 but still exist nonetheless. And these aren’t “major patches” so it’s not confirmed this won’t exist but surely it’ll be smaller.

Not to mention what I said earlier about them combining the original versions of 9.1 and 9.2 to give us our 9.1 patch we got in November, and renumbering 9.3 to 9.2.

1 Like

yea thats pretty much it i think that we can expect. maybe new pvp season, and then other stuff towards the end like pre expac content eventually and maybe other stuff like cosemetic things such as heritage armor.

i don’t remember if this was stated but i could of swore they said they were going to release the rest of the heritage armor in SL.