You shouldn't be able to solo old raids/dungeons

I’m a Veteran WoW gamer for many years now, and I find that every expansion the #1 most requested feature is to make old raids easy to solo so people can farm transmogs/mounts.

I understand why people want this, but part of me also feels like this cheapens the old content and makes it not as fun to play through or memorable.

I believe that old content should have some sort of challenge to it, it shouldn’t just be something you farm mindlessly but rather something you should go in with a small party maybe and try to beat in order to get rewards.

If you want the Ashes of Al’ar or Invincible, then form a small party and try to go for it. This will encourage more group play, it will keep old content relevant power creep wise and it will bring more good memories than just some 1 shot scenario for loot.

Old content should be scaled to match current iLevels imo.

31 Likes

Garmuck, you’re such a goober. Go home, you’re drunk.

248 Likes

It’s a good thing you don’t work for Blizzard then.

164 Likes

I understand not everyone will agree with me, but I do bring a very logical perspective on this issue.

1 Like

Debatable.

108 Likes

I think you’re confusing logical for controversial and inflaming.

107 Likes

A drunken dwarf perspective none should take seriously, why yes.

23 Likes

Flagged in less than 5 mins. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

33 Likes

You are very naive.

44 Likes

Nah, ole Garm knows exactly what he’s doing.

10 Likes

That’s a much nicer word than what I was thinking.

7 Likes

Judging by how badly players failed the Time Rift LK fights, scaling him back up to current levels and requiring even just 5 people would probably stop all the Invincible farming permanently.

24 Likes

Ya’ll realize even calling it a troll post or whatever counts as taking the bait right?

12 Likes

Nah, I’m good. People already super speed through everything else, including time walking dungeons, and they would just want to do the same. I actually enjoy soloing old raids the most because I can take my time, look at the sights, and actually enjoy the raid or dungeon without someone wanting to speed out of the room to the next thing.
No one takes their time and enjoys the dungeons or raids for what they are anymore, it’s all about speeding to the end for rewards. I also like how it feels to one shot trash and/or bosses…feels good. :slight_smile:

40 Likes

Classic is over there. →

23 Likes

It’s like the dude sits there thinking about the most unpopular ideas to support…

30 Likes
18 Likes

It’s probably about time this kid lost forum privileges.

37 Likes

I’m hoping it’ll encourage Garmuck to keep posting and hone his craft so we can get a worthy successor to trolls like Ralph and Rastlin.

8 Likes

Ole Garm needs to look at his calendar and realize that he’s posting this about 4 days too early.

8 Likes