You lost a potential new player today Blizzard

This mage does not exist.

2 Likes

They really should give two options with new toons or for new players - without out-leveling the content you want to play.

3 Likes

Lol just teleport him to SW and take him to a level 10 zone. At least then he will get “vanilla” cata questing. The he can go through to TBC, Wrath, etc. ALL of that content is available to them, but new players cant use chromie time to change the RDF pool, so he would have to manually make groups.

Edit - He isnt forced to do anything. This is an open world game.

3 Likes

The “design” assumes that the BfA story is going to be a good introduction to everything that happened in (and prior to) BfA and Shadowlands, when it is just typical leveling content, where you meet people, you help them, you become their friends, you kill their enemies, you move on.

New players don’t understand why what is happening is taking place. And to be fair, since most of the background takes place in outside media (and even if you purchased that it’s pretty nonsensical), and most of the action either takes place inside raids or has been removed, it does nothing to prepare new players for anything that they’ll run into in shadowlands. Worst of all is that if their friends are leveling elsewhere, they can fly, while the BfA prisoners are trapped on the ground.

It also assumes, like you seem to, that a player who was learning to move their character across the screen yesterday should be ready to hit end game and “play with their friends” full-bore tomorrow. Get real. There’s a gigantic learning curve for new players, and there is no content for you to play with friends at dramatically different levels of skill.

3 Likes

Uh, why would that matter?

1 Like

Because I’m pretty sure this is an account shared with a known troll who just likes to stir the pot lol.

2 Likes

Ah, the tin foil hat crowd strikes again. “Everybody on the forum is a troll posting on a shared account but me.”

5 Likes

Why didn’t you tell him this before he bought the game?

5 Likes

Chromie time is there to get longtime players a fresh experience on alts. It’s nothing to do with helping new players experience the story. If you want to learn about the story you gotta use Youtube. Starting at TBC would just confuse the absolute crap out of a new player anyway. They would have no idea what an illidan or outland is.

1 Like

Let’s hope that doesn’t catch up to you. There was a post recently in the CS forums where someone had their account suspended for 6months due to account sharing.

Nobody else should be accessing your account or your characters.

7 Likes

Why are we pretending that he cant just walk to any zone in the game in his level range and start questing?

5 Likes

There is Torghast. Which is perfect content for learning how to play your character. istg if they don’t bring back this roguelike dungeon for Dragonflight with Bronze Dragon/Time Travel aesthetics this entire expansion would be a waste of time. I loved doing Torghast. I just wish there was more to it than Legendaries.

I assume he meant at his house.

2 Likes

I mean, I wasn’t being accusatory lol. More of an inquiry with an easy solution. You guys have some paper thin skin

2 Likes

Thats the only downside to CT. It has altered the leveling experience in a very negative way.

1 Like

You’re going to put a brand new player who was learning to move his character across the screen yesterday, who doesn’t know what a rotation or a keybind is, into Torghast?

That just means that there’s less of a chance getting caught…unless you admit to it on the forums :person_shrugging:

7 Likes

It’s very sink or swim now. You gonna learnt today

:dragon: :ocean: :dragon: :dragon: :ocean: :dragon:

3 Likes

How would your friend know bfa zones as being bad except for you telling them that it was?

New players have no reference frame except prior game experience and what close friends tell them.

6 Likes

I’m old school enough that I almost appreciate this type of policy :rofl:

3 Likes