You lost a potential new player today Blizzard

Something something…10 level start and “great” starter gear.

yeah…I’d give up the 10 to try a KT druid. Not wanted enough to do the quest string really. the exile island is not so bad.

many have looms…dropped in as soon as we see a mailbox if we mail enchanted ones.

and the gear…is not uber. even my son completely new to wow is making do with quest greens on his dwarf he started. I have not hooked him up yet besides some gold even. I may send him bags is about it.

Yeah the Internet’s too easy to make up stuff on. /presses x

Yes, so?

They’re not that different, just more streamlined questing with better hubs and Twilight’s Hammer quests added in.

I can’t really remember anything effecting Outland or Northrend’s storylines, as long as you change the timeline to the past in zones like The Blasted Lands… Does it show modern Silithus if you don’t have a max level character on your account?

I know it’s old Theramore on any character that didn’t do the questline that changed it.

Uhh…

No?

Literally the entire world of the Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor was changed with Cataclysm, all the quest chains were also changed. Only a few zones avoided major changes. Even dungeons had their quests changed.

The vanilla storyline that was told from 2004 to 2010 no longer exists on retail realms, you can’t play it. You have to play classic WoW for that experience.

I don’t know for sure or not but I heard rumors of a way to bypass the bfa requirement by starting a class trial somehow, I apologize i know nothing more. sorry if its been mentioned before I didn’t wanna read through 200 some odd posts about people accusing you of being a troll

I agree remove the forced BFA experience let the player pick, perhaps Recommend BFA to new players just don’t force it

1 Like

I don’t know why you’re arguing when we’re saying the same thing.

I know it’s not exactly the same. I was there. But it’s not different enough that you need to play Outland and Wrath before you play Kalimdor and EK Vanilla zones in Retail.

And as much as I miss the old version of the Pamela’s Doll and Stalvan Mistmantle questlines, starting with Classic does an enormous disservice to new players by not only wasting valuable time that they should be learning to play their Class/Spec if they want to play Retail endgame with their friend (like the OP), but also creates anger towards the game when they find out they not only can’t bring anything they’ve earned into Retail, but they have to completely relearn to play their character to the point they’ll feel like they might as well start over from level 1.

If the OP was already a Classic player and his friend wanted to play wherever he was playing, then playing Classic Vanilla would make perfect sense.

But that’s not the case or subject of this thread.

The leveling revamp was intended to get people into the end game ASAP. If you want a chill leveling and story then LOTRO is better for that.

In Westfall during Vanilla, you’re going up against the Defias under the rule of Edwin VanCleef, and you finally end the zone by delving into the Deadmines and collecting his head.

In Westfall in Retail, you’re solving a murder mystery, that ultimately leads to you revealing he had a daughter, who has not only rallied the disenfranchised peasantry displaced by the Cataclysm, but also other races including Gnolls.

Over in the Barrens in vanilla the entire Barrens zone only covered quests from 10-20, and you could go all the way down to Razorfen Kraul and Razorfen Downs without experiencing any significant changes in quest tone. It was all very much the same, adventure around, hunt animals, defeat pirates etc.

That same area in Retail is split into two separate zones, with the Northern Barrens having a stronger presence of the Burning Blade and Quillboar, while the Southern Barrens, which is for a completely different level range, has you go up against the other faction and explore the overgrowth caused by Naralex in the Wailing Caverns.

Desolace in vanilla is a massive, mostly boring zone, that is all grey dirt and bones. That same zone in Cataclysm has a heavy Naga presence and has a massive patch of greenery right smack dab in the middle of it controlled by the Cenarion Circle.

Ashenvale is mostly under the control of the Night Elves in Vanilla, with only a few Horde outposts scattered around (Splintertree Post and Zoram’gar Outpost being the main questing hubs). In Cataclysm the Horde controls most of the zone, with several Alliance outposts now either conquered or directly under siege and key NPCs that you got quests from in vanilla being dead. Also there’s a massive volcano that exists in the middle of the zone in retail that is not there in Vanilla.

You’re arguing from a position of ignorance if you’re saying that the zones aren’t changed enough to the point where you can still experience the vanilla quest chains and story on retail. You can’t. End of story.

Hence my damn point. If you want to experience the ‘full story’ in order from start to finish, then you MUST start with classic WoW and experience the vanilla versions of EK and Kalimdor. Then you can do TBC and WotLK before coming back to retail and experiencing EK and Kalimdor after the events of the Cataclysm, which changed almost everything about the zones.

1 Like

lotro is for the absolute dregs of society