You just ruined dragon flying

Everybody raved about Alpha Torghast. Blizzard responded by upending it and everybody hates actual Torghast.

Everybody raved about Alpha Dragonriding. Blizzard responded by upending it and…

Why do this? If everybody loves something, just let it be. BFA and SL were generally despised and now is not the time to continue the trend of forcing your vision despite the will of the players.

I didn’t preorder precisely because I figured something like this was bound to happen.

4 Likes

Eyup. Blizzard is going to force another trash expansion down our throats and theyre going to lose another 50% of their players and the cycle will continue.

2 Likes

The reps are supposedly renown 2.0 because they are just renown themselves. The system and the UI will be the the same. The flying, I think it’s probably in their heads to feel like when we had slower riding and flying at certain points. The problem is a. we already earned all that on Azeroth. And b. this feels more like you are lagging than flying slower.

I imagine it will still be slightly faster than traditional flying. I just wonder if it will feel better after they are done tweaking it. Even though tweaking wasn’t needed.

But look at all the prepurchases and 6 month subs they got out of players before making this change!

Interesting analysis of FFXIV player numbers across multiple expansions. It seems like after they had a couple of expansions that underperformed, they asked themselves what they should be doing differently and found a way to not only turn it around, but it’s been consistently growing ever since.

Seems like when something goes wrong in WoW, Blizzard asks, “What’s wrong with those consumers?” And it ends there.

2 Likes

Omg you people are making this like it’s a big deal when this FEATURE is OPTIONAL you don’t need to interact with it if YOU don’t want too. Like holy molly.

Oh, that’s no good. It’s like they come out with a fun idea then go and make it less enjoyable. Weird.

1 Like

It’s because they do not care at all. I doubt the WoW devs even play WoW for the most part. I’ve played multiple MMO’s and this is the only game that feels like it’s being made by people who hate the community and their jobs. Most of this feels like it’s done out of spite.

1 Like

Blizzard botching expansion features only to ignore us initially and fix them later is par for the course. It’s the recipe since legion and on.

I’ve not kept up on dragon flight. Will we never get just regular flying? Dragon flying sound horrible.

Fun detected!

Meanwhile at blizzard hq……….

2 Likes

Here you go, friend.

It sounds like more work then actually flying when you got to get keep finding high places to jump off to get the glide going …lets just call this Path Finder 2.0 now…

2 Likes

Oh no, they removed flying we’ve had for 15 years and replaced it with an intrinsically worse system just like everyone warned you they would.

My 6 months is over soon and I’m not buying the preorder. This is the last straw.

They didn’t replace anything. They stated that regular flying would happen later on just like it always does. Dragonflying is supplementary. You’re well within your rights to not like it and not preorder or continue playing.

Just like they didn’t replace master loot… at first. This is step one and you’re blind if you don’t “see” it.

1 Like

Thank you much. I was just too lazy to link it. XD

Probably be some sort of catch-up mechanic put in place eventually. Especially, if the expansion starts bleeding subs.

6/10 Troll you enjoy playing semantics but you play your hand too openly.

Blizzard is run by a bunch of manatees. They are so bad at making fun games. Imagine not removing the only fun game mechanic right away.

1 Like