You just ruined dragon flying

They didnt replace anything you walnut

People like you are the problem. Cheering on blizzard destroying their game year after year, huffing copium.

2 Likes

Blizzard can keep their stunt flying in the Dragon Isles. Don’t touch how my Gyrocopter works.

For the billionth time they arent you absolute donut.

Have they provided what will be required to earn regular flying with the flying mounts we have acquired?

Pathfinder persumably. They said that will come later like it has the last 3 or 4 expansions

Thanks, still wish we could earn at max level

So either we do the Dragon flying mess and waste time go up and down and jumping off high place in order to glide or we just wait for the shiny new Dragon Flight Path Finder…either way it still sucks and its all time gated.

Just saw a youtube video of some alpha testers and see the issues with the “updated” dragon flying. I don’t like what I’m seeing. Please revert the change.

5 Likes

Yep. They nerfed it specifically so they could timegate it. Blizz lied again but this time they used bait and switch to get those preorders first

3 Likes

I wasn’t in phase 1 which is what the content creators are comparing this phase’s dragon riding to. It was a good change, as the turning physics on the dragons were the same as say the goblin glider. 360° yolo drifts are exactly good physics.

For me it is still really, really fun. It’s likely they will keep iterating the feature though and they can always make the weightiness a bit more agile in the next build. That is what alpha is for anyways.

And btw, to all those lamenting the idea of time gated power progression grinds for dragon riding, so far that is only for cosmetics. Each zone has factions with renown unlocked cosmetics to work towards.

In terms of the talent points to upgrade your dragon riding, those are freely available to collect on day one. They are essentially floating coins in high/hidden places that if you find and are able to fly to, grant one talent point each. The first zone has 10 of them. Unless they radically depart from this idea its fair to say there won’t be a large time gate for your dragons ability to fly. You just need to collect all the talent points.

All those singing praises of Blizz should have known they would do something like this. Maybe Blizz should stop trying to fix what isn’t broken and just deal with the fact that the Pandora’s box of flying was opened and there is no closing it.

Here’s what should happen.

Soar becomes dragonriding. Same mechanics, 100%.

Dragonriding is usable everywhere. It does not replace existing mounts, it’s just a new kind of evergreen flying.

Revert the input lag introduced this week. It doesn’t add “weight”. It just makes it feel worse and wrong.

If you want to add “weight”, then slow the then down, but the then needs to start immediately with the input. A better system would just cost stamina or speed to make hard turns, and leave it up to people to decide.

3 Likes

Why do people think dragon riding will somehow replace traditional flying or flight points or ground mounts or heck any of our mounts? When it’s an optional feature.

2 Likes

Fast = Fun. It is that easy. Hope they change it back

Let me guess… They slowed it down. Their metrics must have shown them that people were spending less time traveling within the game. :wink:

Ehhh… maybe more like 1/10 Troll

My intent was to get the poster to not use such sweeping generalizations like

“Well, everybody this and everybody that…”

Not trying to troll but I do admit I did it in a rather snarky manner. So yeah I guess maybe I trolled… in the end, I think the result was good tho… so IDK…

just a quick update after playing the new expansion for like a month
in retrospective, I can say that dragon flying feels fine. in fact, it feels great!
flying mounts that cannot turn on a dime while in flight may not be feel as good, but I understand why they made this change, to make flying feel more weighted and realistic, and that is a perfectly valid design choice.

as for the speed reduction, the current speed is fine. I wouldn’t turn down more speed if they bumped it back up mind you - but the current speed is more than adequate.

I’m not saying Blizzard should never look at making some updates to dragon flying in the future: it would certainly be nice to have a future patch, where we will get to find ‘advanced’ dragon glyphs that will unlock more dragon flying talents and access to higher maximum speeds.

For all my issues with this expansion, dragon flying isn’t one of them. I found it to be a lot of fun and a much faster way of getting around especially after all the upgrades.

The dragon flying is fine. I wish there was a way to get a bit faster bubble recovery(for gathering) beside that I don’t have any problem with it.