You just ruined dragon flying

I’ll have to wait until I can try it for myself before getting outraged.

I wasn’t planning on using this anyway, the fact that you HAVE to find a high ledge then jump off to get proper flying sucks. Takes too long. Better to just land mount from point A to B and be done with it.

2 Likes

Oh you know what’s the best bit? There was people like days or weeks ago, shouting from the heavens, telling me that flying needed to be more realistic and have physics to it. All the while i argue for responsiveness and functionality.

And yet, now were seeing threads like this where they declared “IT’S RUINED” for putting in exactly what they want. :thinking:

Gosh, it’s almost like being hyped to high heavens and not showing any ounce of skepticism, is a bad idea. :open_mouth: :open_hands: :rainbow:

2 Likes

yeah realistic dragon flying
Realistic
Dragon flying
Dragons
Totally has to be based on “real” physics because dragons are real yeah?

17 Likes

I mean, if we’re basing it off real dragons we’d have the most lethal ground mount ever…

(also cutest ever, I know I know, it’s supposed to be terrifying, I just find them cute)

3 Likes

They seem to think “How to Train your Dragon” is based off a true story. :thinking:

1 Like

Actual weight is one thing, the mount lagging is another. It doesn’t look good. And people don’t think it feels good. Response from the mount should start on click or turn despite any slower turn.

Alpha/beta torghast’s infinite floors sucked. Good riddense. Everyone would have felt they HAD to keep going as far as they could everytime to get better rewards in a very grey-dull dungeon and no one wanted that hence the change. Positive change in my book, it saved torghast to some degree even tho it was bad content from day 1, the whole concept was bogus.

1 Like

Jeez whiz, it’s almost sounds like the stuff i told them. :open_mouth:

Oh wait, IT’S EXACTLY WHAT I TOLD THEM. :point_down: :joy:

Oh but nobody listens to Bari until it’s too late. Fancy Goshdarn that. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

It’s because you don’t have a cosmic treadmill, just saiyan…

1 Like

Did you really expect Blizzard to let us have fun? i can’t wait to see how they ruin Dragonflight more lol

10 Likes

Wouldn’t be surprised if they were trying to fix some of the glitches like having momentum causing your mount to slowly 360 as you fly.

that doesn’t sound right! are you in the right forum?

This forum ain’t right for anybody.

2 Likes

Blizzard,

You have taken something, that everyone, and I do mean EVERYONE, every single content creator i watched and interacted with had nothing but RAVING POSITIVITY for the initial iteration of Dragonriding.

You have taken it, and made it objectively, demonstrably and unarguably worse in every way with the slow pitching and turning.

There is only a net loss here, your obsession with realism is idiotic in this case. The change has taken away fun on a system that should only ever be fun.

Dragonriding is NOT A TARGET FOR YOU TO BALANCE like spell damage numbers, leave it alone and revert it to what it was.

13 Likes

Somehow I got the feeling when the alpha started and the streamers were talking about how great this expansion was going to be because dragonriding was so much fun, that they had got it to that point early to get those videos made. There was little else available at that point besides leveling quests.

Glad WOLK classic is soon. Regular flying without all the stupid gimmicks.

1 Like

That’s actually pretty realistic isn’t it? Like an animal you’re riding wouldn’t react instantaneously to your will right?

yes cos realism makes sense in a game where you can never truly die and ride giant moths as mounts

5 Likes

My hope is that with all the players blowing up with negative feedback theyll fix it but realistically this will just be the start of another trash expansion that started eith amazing potential.

2 Likes