You have to PAY everytime u change ur Mount Equipment

If your character has access to it, it will get one on the mail. that is how all items rewards are given to players, one per character.

I agree the change is unnecessary and couldve been handled like sky golem, but the reason i think it wasn’t was because people would still feel “forced” to water walk on strider and pick something else for other mounts, due to some sort mount utility “min-maxing” mindset, which destroys the purpose of them doing this.

Obviously no one knows the prices yet but they make it sound like it will be quite cheap for people with the rep.

It’s good that people are voicing their concerns I just think people are going over the top on how expensive it will be. I’m not surprised since this is how changes usually are received on the GD forum but I wish people would at least tone down the outrage til it hits ptr and we can see the intial prices.

It will be a lot easier to have meaningful discussion once we can actually see how the system works/feels and what the prices are like, as that is what the ptr is for.

No.
The equipment attaches permanently (like a gem in a slot) to one character’s mount journal, and affects all the mounts for that character, but none for other characters.

Each of your alts will need its own equipment.

i pick a mount per avatar. though every once awhile ill change to a new one. my Shammie has used her bear mount since TBC :kissing_closed_eyes:

1 Like

No source, just wishful thinking.
:roll_eyes:

ALL the time… like, seriously ALL the time. I water strider to get over water, then either stay on that mount or switch to sky golem when I notice an herb to harvest, all while keeping on a no-daze item.
So that’s done for me, then.

1 Like

AMEN to THIS BROTHER… Its the main reason I lost interest in the Class…At least with my DH I know they will not take away his Meta… Still I miss it on my Warlock so much!! :sob:

Warlock Demonology will never be the same… :sweat:

1 Like

Why do these forum junkies care about how many posts on a topic there are? How does it affect you at all? Are you auditioning to be an MVP like the official blizzard spin doctor Crepe? I honestly want to know

Look at the precedent. There was not a single counter example, every time blizzard sends you something on the mail, all your characters get it. Exception being the item recovery system.

Most of these treads are the same people talking to themselves. it becomes a chat room after a point.

So, you’re assuming every toon with access to an Aqua Water Strider will get free water-walking equipment in the mail.

You seem to have no reason to believe this other than mounts and pets being sent to all toons, which is a very different situation.

So let me explain the concept of precedent to you. If for example every single day, someone goes on your door selling bread, for years, it becomes something to expect. So far this is the norm for blizzard, everything that you earn as a player it is sent to all your characters. The water stride is not attached to a character, it is attached to your account, therefore it will be sent to you AKA all your characters. There is not a single counter example.

1 Like

You don’t earn rep as a player, you earn it as a character.
Rep-linked rewards are never account wide.

I’m sorry but you are not losing the rep, you are losing the water strider. The water strider is account wide. This is not a hard concept to grasp. All you have to do is look at the precedent.

1 Like

And there is no precedent for this.

You can’t prove possums are purple by pointing out the pervasive purpleness of pomegranates.

Hadn’t thought about that… I wonder how they’re handling it if someone has unlocked Angler rep on multiple alts (like who would bother, but I’m sure some have).

Do they get 1 free piece of mount equipment PER ALT that unlocked it?

And, if not, what determines which alt GETS the free item?

What a mess.

1 Like

All anniversary events, all prizes earned outside the game, all items purchased on the shop, all items related to blizzcon, all items related to expansion releases and special dates. Aka every single instance you as a player earns something.

There are no counter examples

2 Likes

Something you only had for two expansions. So not a core part. Warlocks have existed longer than two expansions.

Water strider has been with us for almost nine years. So we’ve had water walking innately on a mount for longer than we haven’t.

Your argument doesn’t work.

Wrath of the Lich King
Cataclysm
Mists of Pandaria
Warlords of Draenor

I count four expansions. I count 8 years. And since I started on WotLK, I had it as my ultimate skill from the day I started to the day it was taken. And I built my character around it.

So yes. It was the core part of my character.

2 Likes

Good thing we Shamans and DKs don’t gotta worry about that noise!

1 Like