You have reached the reply limit for this topic

We’re sorry, but new users are temporarily limited to 3 replies in the same topic…

New user? I’d love to know what that means… I’ve only been playing (and paying) consecutively since pre-BC launch (so, since at least 2006). At what point do I get to be considered a non-new user, since 17 years straight doesn’t seem to qualify me…

Read the part about trust levels. It does not have to do with your status as a player, but as a poster.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/new-forum-guide-syntax-and-features/19903

9 Likes

TRUST LEVEL 0

Trust level 0 users cannot:

• Flag posts
  • Post more than 3 topics
  • Post more than 10 replies

TRUST LEVEL 1

Get to trust level 1 by…

• Entering at least 5 topics
  • Reading at least 30 posts
  • Spend a total of 10 minutes reading posts

Users at trust level 1 can…

• Post unlimited topics and replies
  • Edit wiki posts (more on Wiki Posts Below)
  • Flag posts
  • Create links and video embeds to trusted websites like Blizzard websites, YouTube, or Twitch
9 Likes

As Kozzae pointed out, it is your Forum usage - not game related - that is the restriction.

Just read more posts and your Trust Level will start increasing.

5 Likes

Getting to Trust level 1 takes almost no time, and 2 is fairly quick as well. It is 3 that takes a bit of effort.

6 Likes

Keep in mind it’s also per character. So if you swap your posting character, or rename your existing on, all the old data gets reset and you start over.

The benefits actually carry through all your characters now though. That was recently updated. I could log into my rogue for the first time and post links, gifs, videos, etc., and not have to have her personally ground out to TL3.

5 Likes

Ohh well that’s cool then! Too bad I name changed probably right beforehand hah. Thanks for letting me know :smiley:

3 Likes

Thank you, I appreciate your answer as it answers my question.

That said, while I understand the use of “trust” on general/class forums, I fail to see it’s value on technical support posts, where replying to others with suggestions and attempts are very specific.

Yes, I do not post on the forums most of the time, unless… I run into a bug/tech issue, then I’d like to speak about that issue until a resolution is in place.

EDIT: Jeysca. That explains it all to me. Thank you, seriously. Swapped from main to post about a DK issue so it probably just reset all the trust stuff. /cheers

I’m afraid that is how it works. Trust levels aren’t separated by forum category nor can they be turned off for specific ones.

As I mentioned, it takes very little effort to reach trust level 1. If you haven’t noticed, you already have.

8 Likes

Switched to one of my mains and it seems to have fixed the issue. Thank you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

What is Trust level “Regular” considered? I never checked and just did, never really cared about it, but figured what the hay why not.

Trust Level 3 – Regular

Regulars are the backbone of your community, the most active readers and reliable contributors over a period of months, even years. Because they’re always around, they can be further trusted to help tidy up and organize the community.

To get to trust level 3, in the last 100 days…

• Must have visited at least 50% of days

• Must have replied to at least 10 different non-PM topics

• Of topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 25% (capped at 500)

• Of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 25% (capped at 20k)

• Must have received 20 likes, and given 30 likes.*

• Must not have received more than 5 spam or offensive flags (with unique posts and unique users for each, confirmed by a moderator)

• Must not have been suspended or silenced in the last 6 months

• These likes must be across a minimum number of different users (1/5 the number), across a minimum number of different days (1/4 the number). Likes cannot be from PMs.

All of the above criteria must be true to achieve trust level 3. Furthermore, unlike other trust levels, you can lose trust level 3 status. If you dip below these requirements in the last 100 days, you will be demoted back to Member. However, in order to avoid constant promotion/demotion situations, there is a 2-week grace period immediately after gaining Trust Level 3 during which you will not be demoted.

Users at trust level 3 can…

• Recategorize and rename topics
  • Access a secure category only visible to users at trust level 3 and higher
  • Have all their links followed (we remove automatic nofollow)
  • TL3 spam flags cast on TL0 user posts immediately hide the post
  • TL3 flags cast on TL0 user posts in sufficient diversity will auto-silence the user and hide all their posts
  • Make their own posts wiki (that is, editable by any TL1+ users)
  • Daily like, edit, and flag limits increased by 2×

Admins can change these thresholds by searching for TL3 in site settings.

There is a blurb about higher trust levels, but those are not used on this forum in it’s current state.

6 Likes

Hey man I was suspended for 7 days and my suspension just ended at 1015 am but it still says I’m suspended even tho the timer went to 0 I think its a bug. Can you please help I can’t get anyone to answer me and I can’t log in still.

Time usually is in PST, or Universal time. If the suspension ends in PST today that would mean a few more hours as it is 740AM.

2 Likes

From what I can tell the restriction lifted shortly after they posted. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Really, no. It comes from the maker of the software the forums run under. Discourse. See the link in my second post.

They do moderate the forums, though there are over 200 subforums to moderate, and I do not believe they are moderated around the clock. But reports are a part of that, as well as using the ignore and mute tools provided by Discourse.

4 Likes

The irony is palpable.

Edit - In an effort to be helpful, I took a glance at your post history. With any luck, you’re about to find out how well the moderators do their jobs

8 Likes

Since it hasn’t been mentioned as yet - you may want to self-report that name of yours before others report it for you. Absolutely not appropriate, and as Teufelgott pointed out - you’re likely to find out first hand how the forums are moderated.

7 Likes

Not mentioning necroing for a rant.

5 Likes