"You have been reported for language multiple times"

oh so youre on a crusade :wink:

i thought your post about it was funny but now i see youre serious since youre doing it in other posts lol

sorry homie. they actually love DBM, saves em some work.
free labor! lol

My main concern is getting squelched until a person actually gets around to reviewing it. Squelching works exactly the same as a silence in almost every way. The difference is it doesn’t leave a “mark” on your account. I pug a lot of M+ keys and would rather not be prevented from using the group finder all because I wanna sell my profession stuff in trade chat.

Yeah. I just wish people, and Blizzard, could just use some common sense from time to time. I’m fine if they want language to be against the CoC. I’m not fine with them having a built in language filter/not just blocking swear words if they’re going to make swearing be against the CoC.

1 Like

Does anyone know if you receive the “you have been reported” message on any character on your account or if its specific to the one that got reported? Knowing this would actually source out what I most likely got reported for.

I have to assume it’s account wide. Before DF I had a warning pop up on a character I was on for the first time in months despite never saying anything.

I wouldn’t hold much stock in those warnings. It’s 100% driven by number of reports vs actually being anything you did wrong.

It happened to pop up right as I swapped characters. But this was also shortly after I had advertised my profession services on trade on my main.

I know. My only fear is getting squelched. I know I haven’t typed a swear word since the last time I got a language warning except to friends and guildmates who I’m 99.9% sure don’t care given how they also type to me lol. So I’m already sure “language” is just a bogus report. Like I said, spam I could at least understand even if I disagree, but I’ve made the conscious effort to not use any swears around any random people because of being reported before at the soup event for dropping a joke with the f bomb in it.

Edit: Just logged into Classic and saw the warnings as well. Definitely account wide and even across games.

That would do it. People find those annoying and spammy and often report it.

The warning is automated and is designed to give you a chance to stop whatever you are doing that is causing others to report you.

It does not stay with the account and the CMs can’t even see what it actually was for. It won’t result in any penalty unless it rises to a full report status and gets reviewed by a GM who agrees.

You can read more about the new warnings here

Certainly you can sell trade services in Trade chat! Just don’t use a macro that posts it often enough that your realm mates get annoyed and report for spam.

Yes, the warning is for the Battlenet account I think, or at least the WoW license. It will pop up on any char, classic or retail. So it is not always the char you are on that was reported.

Automation is cheating. You can argue about “the mechanics require it” or “The graphics engine requires it” but it’s still cheating if you are not pushing your own buttons, IMO. It’s not the worst kind of cheating but it is cheating.

Reminder that selling boosts and the like is not allowed in Trade and belongs in the Services tab, just in case.

dbm is NOT AUTOMATION. IT IS NOT CHEATING.

3 Likes

It’s automating your eyes and reading spell times for you, etc. It is a form of automation.

blizzard disagrees and it’s their opinion that ultimately matters.

2 Likes

Well, yes. blizzard sometimes sanctions cheating. They allowed multi-boxing for years until people started to use it to get around their time-gating and then all of a sudden it was cheating.

multi boxing wasn’t always done in a cheating fashion. it was the people that abused multi-boxing to bot and lag servers till they died that got it banned. Even now it isn’t completely banned just the input software broadcasting stuff is banned. which is what the bots mostly used.

1 Like

So you don’t think key stroke cloning was automating? I guess we just have different definitions of automation. Have a good day.

/walks pass a moonwalking orc
The light sake made an orc moonwalk out here…?
/looks into thread
oh… right, okay then…
/crashes through window violently and walks it off like its a normal sunday

2 Likes

:clown_face:

2 Likes

I always report Vulpera with variations of “furry” in their name and one time I immediately saw the character logged out then a minute later log in with the name “PlayerXYZ” and so on. Was hilarious!

No, it’s automated. You will have to send a ticket to request a manual review. If what you said is true, then it would be overturned.

Bold of you to assume the average WoW player can properly navigate the report menus to properly indicate what you’re being reported for by them.

Probably spamming it in General/Trade/Trade Services/Local Defense/Guild Recruit channels. There’s players that do that, and some people think reporting for spam won’t garner the same attention as reporting for language.

blizzard makes the rules and they say it’s not cheating so fortunately nobody cares if you think otherwise