"You have been reported for language multiple times"

I just received a warning today that I have been reported for language multiple times. I only post my profession services in trade, otherwise I don’t type anything to random people because of how rampant “reporting players because its funny” has become. The only other messages sent outside of trade that random people see are from my interrupt addon in random dungeons that display “I interrupted [spell name]!”. If this continues will a gm actually review it and find that I’ve been reported for language for no reason, or am I actually in danger of being bullied for selling profession services in trade chat/interrupting in random dungeons?

Direct quote from a CM that selling profession services in trade chat is allowed.

11 Likes

If action is ever taken usually they will advise why.

3 Likes

They are likely cracking down on automaton chat functions for things like dbm because it’s become pretty out of hand and disruptive. I’d uninstall most third party cheats, since they are unofficial there is no reason blizzard cant suddenly action all people using them.

3 Likes

oh for the love of…THEY AREN’T CHEATS.

46 Likes

Wow nice job tricking me with a typo. Buddy got warned for it and you still think it isn’t cheating lol. We know it’s not the trade messages, so it has to be the one other comm that is occuring.

DBM is on the way out LOL.

3 Likes

I was recently reading a thread where someone tried to suggest that symbols were foul language. He must really hate the Thundering affix weakaura.

4 Likes

I’d rather it not get to that point. I really wish when we received a warning that it would give an example of what was done, instead of simply saying “multiple people reported you”. A warning seems pointless when you have no idea what you even did to be warned in the first place.

2 Likes

Oh, yeah. A weak aura that announces when you successfully interrupt a spell is a huge detriment to the game.

12 Likes

Automaton, yes, this is detrimental to the game.

1 Like

I feel dumber for having read the responses in this thread.

OP, yes, if you are actioned a GM will have looked at it.

21 Likes

Every day we stray further from the Earth Mother

7 Likes

I fully agree with this. Blizz has the logs. They can point out exactly what was reported.

7 Likes

If someone calling you out for using automaton makes you feel dumber guess what, you’re coming closer to the truth.

While I agree I think that notification is just that multiple people have reported you and it’s automatic. So a kinda of ‘whatever you’re doing cut it out’.

Action will be taken only after investigation and who knows maybe they’ll look at it and be like ‘nope what he’s doing is absolutely fine’

6 Likes

I think my elvui does it so when I pug people can see that I just interrupted something so its obviously on cd. Really helps when pugging high keys. I’ve had people complain to me before about spam and I just reply to them to put me on ignore, especially when its some random person in lfg that I’ll most likely never interact with ever again.

I also got tired of random people claiming I don’t interrupt enough, so now I show every time I interrupt something.

What’s going on in this threa…

sees lots of emotions and moonwalks out of the thread

4 Likes

To quote one of my favorite movies

Mr. Darby, what you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this fourm is now dumber for having seen it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

20 Likes

you aren’t getting that message because of interrupt announcers.

you probably spammed too much in trade, or your competitor is getting people to report you.

7 Likes

Will you quit saying automoton? The word is automation, and Blizzard doesn’t give a hoot about announcing interrupts in chat. At most, it’s just just spam.

7 Likes