"You have been reported for language multiple times"

Honestly, with how frequently they use the wrong word, I’m thinking it has to be intentional.

Problem is, the bit isn’t good.

Could have probably been me. I report people spamming in the trade chat their profession. It’s annoying.

i think it was a freudian slip about how wow players dont get punished for cheating in this community, at the same moment as me giving up on that person having anything valid to say. it sounded wrong so i looked up what retribution meant before posting it, then decided to go with it because it sounded funny and was true.

you cheaters are beyond retribution here.

because when you think about it, none of this is really something to make someone beyond redemption.

:panda_face:

Yep. They will review the chat logs and see what you actually typed. If in fact you are using inappropriate language you will get a suspension.

Look. Im not saying you are not being truthful, and I am not saying you are. But, normally if you get a language warning and then a subsequent suspension, they will have chat logs showing so. You can appeal if you get a suspension. But it will not get overturned if they have you typing things against ToS and Social Contract in chat.

Just gonna leave this here for you.

Also I think discussing “reporting someone for x” is against the CoC. Could be wrong though.

A further note, many of the people I’ve sold my goods to have been very appreciative, especially of my prices. They even refer me to their friends. So thank you for trying to make the game a little worse every time you report someone for nothing.

I doubt they’d be willing to show me said logs though. Which is also unhelpful. There are some words considered swears to some people and not others. “Hell” is a swear word to many people, but not all. So what defines a swear word? Heck, even judging by how the CoC is worded, saying something like “darn it” or “crap” can be seen as “masking a swear word”. Theres a lot of ways people can twist this stuff.

I’ve had friends silenced for a week while not saying anything in public channels or even whispers. A gm saw the logs and was like “lol oopssies I’ll unban you! Ha ha oops” like lol your system sucks, I’ve had haters spam report every word i type in trade before myself even

blizzard does. and that’s all that matters. since it’s now banned.

Don’t professional services belong in Trade chat, and not Trade (Services) chat? Per your own Blue quote.

They do and thats where I’m posting them. In trade chat, not services.

Dear OP,
If what you say is true and you’ve never used inappropriate language, I would put in a ticket and make sure a GM reviewed it. You are allowed to sell your wares in trade chat and people cannot report you for doing so unless you are spamming it over and over again.

When you do contact Blizzard be sure to see the ticket through until you actually get to a real person. They can go back and look at the records as to when and why people reported you. Perhaps, some action will be taken against the people who are falsely reporting you.

Good luck!

If I ever actually get squelched I’ll have to do that, but I’m sure the squelch will end by the time a GM actually gets around to it. I’ve done this song and dance before and it just always leads to “well the community didn’t like it, which is against CoC” which is ridiculous. If something isn’t against the rules laid out by Blizzard, then it shouldn’t matter what a community thinks about it.

This is a horrible practice. If you are doing something to the point of people complaining about spam, the correct course of action is to stop the spam, not try to pass it off as if they are the problem.

So you report people for doing what is asked of them. Are you illiterate, or purposely stupid?

1 Like

Given the fact that they actually design encounters around the assumption that people are using it, I highly doubt that.

2 Likes

DBM doesn’t go into trade chat. DBM spam in a dungeon can be ignored. Pretty much everyone has the damn thing anyway. I never see it because I have all chat except guild and group disabled when in a party.

1 Like

This is the internet. I’ve tried being nice to people and explaining how my addon helps them and they just continue to Karen. Over the years I’ve lost interest in try, hence my response. Its not like I’m likely to ever play with that person again anyway, nor would I want to. Seems like the best response to me, helpful to both of us. You don’t like me, I don’t like you, just put me on ignore and we can never see each other again.

Also, again. Its been about 3 people in 10+ years.

A troll and an example of why Blizzard making the report function brain dead simple was a bad idea. I imagine if he had to fill out a form every time he wanted to report people for using a chat channel for its intended purpose he wouldn’t bother.

1 Like

Its actually just a setting build into ElvUI. Being reported for something designed to be helpful is definitely a new low. Wonder how many Karens get into a +10 and have to report their entire group for using the Thundering WA, then getting mad when they get removed for not having it themselves because of how helpful it is.

1 Like