"You have a chest nearby to open first!" - Can't use seeds?

Also having this issue at the lavatouched lilies. Last one I need.

A purple seed was placed here, and I can’t even contribute for loot because “You have a chest nearby to open first!”

Same thing happening to me; seed right next to Shoreline Roots.

1 Like

This does not seem to be bugged as I just watched it get spawned by someone. There is something that must need to be done by your character. The players who know the trick are not coming and posting here. :frowning:

Having the same issue in two spots now, yes they can be spawned by others who are not bugged, but I cannot contribute to the new spawn either.

1 Like

Nope, had this issue happen to me day 1 on one of the south shore seeds. Found out yesterday - before the hotfix - that apparently another one near the Ancient Bough is bugged for me, too.

I’d advise people head here and contribute any info you can, even if it’s just “hey this is happening to me too”. Hopefully they’ll be able to get it fixed sometime within the week, instead of 3 months down the line.

40, 25 was the location it happened to me, contributed to a seed… waited and then no treasure appeared. In that same spot, I then tried to plant a seed, I then received the error message of the topic title here. It’s a rather key mechanic to this whole new zone. Why no blue responses or solutions? Step up and fix this please. C’mon!

1 Like

This is exactly it, same thing happened to me and a friend.

I’m having the same issues at 48.64, 80.63. I can’t seem to use that one atm.

same location 48.64, 80.63 with error message

Same issue here too! And Ive lost 2 purple seeds because the flower never dropped. it was like half the group having both these issues

Same issue here as well. I tried interacting to contribute to seed growth, and it wouldn’t let me. it just told me I had a chest open nearby.

Same here. Same spot as everyone else.

I hope Blizz will fix this bug soon, I missed out on being able to loot a Giant dreamseed even after contributing to the growth.

1 Like

I started (and completed) Dragon’s Daffodil (63, 64) earlier today, and now I’m not allowed to contribute to it anymore - getting the “You have a chest nearby to open first!” message.

1 Like

I am also having this issue.

the mystery of the disappearing chests.

1 Like

I am also having this issue. I cannot get the achievement “I Dream of Seeds” because I cannot get the Flourishing Scrubpea in the southwest-ish part of the map. I have tried logging, reloading, going to a different nod and coming back, etc nothing has worked. I am hoping that it will be working either from a hotfix in the next day or at reset next week.

2 Likes

Also broken but only for a select few, so frustrating!

1 Like

It’s not a trick. The spot is bugged for you, not for them.