"You have a chest nearby to open first!" - Can't use seeds?

Just saw this for the first time…could not contribute to a seed growth in the ED because of that message. What chest does the game think I somehow have to open nearby? There was nothing on the map. O.o

EDIT: Appears to just be the planting area that spawns at the southwest tip of the map

16 Likes

I’m having the same issue, I think the same place too. Edit: It’s the southernmost one for me, the spiral right near the water.

4 Likes

so no one knows the answer…?

The same thing is happening to me with the Lavatouched Lillies. Its the only one giving me that message.

Sorry you all are having this issue too…:frowning:

I am also having this issue!
Though I noticed this is also the same one that I did contribute to earlier but it never actually gave me the flower “chest” to open once it completed? Another bug in itself…
So it’s acting like I never opened the first one, even though it’s not there…

(For me it is at Emerald Bounty: 40.58 24.55)

3 Likes

I’ve been having the same issue.
Contributed a seed and over half the dewdrops for one plant- got to loot the flower and got nothing but flightstones. The next one I flew over to, wouldn’t let me click and gave me the error message “You have a chest nearby to open first!”

Highly frustrating and for the life of me, I don’t know what causes it.

Edit: The Emerald Blossom at 48.73 / 80.46 is the one giving me trouble today.
It just respawned and when I tried to put in a seed, being the only person there, it gave me the same error message.

I’ve tried reloading, logging out and in but the error persists.
Turned off ALL addons, still receiving the error.
At the end of the seed cast, I get a buff for 1-0 seconds saying “Chest Active” with no other indication as to where or why the game thinks I haven’t looted the previous chest.

for me, it was as if the seed already awarded the treasure pod in the usual place

This makes sense! I remember contributing to one & nothing happened.

Came here to post about this.

People couldnt contribute enough to make the epic pouch. Giant seed wasted.

Just chiming in with the same issue, southernmost one for me as well

same issue, any updates from anyone at all? this is annoying and getting mocked in general chat for asking if anyone else had the issue. dumb on my part to think others would have any idea

Yep had that issue within the first hour of playing when the patch hit yesterday.
No fix yet.

Glad I came here, same exact issue, same exact place!

And now it happened on my 2nd toon, same spot. Very frustrating.

Have had this issue on two spots now-- the one at 46, 40 and the one at 49, 80 at the southern spiral like a lot of other people have been reporting.

1 Like

will at lest its fun game :upside_down_face:

Been having this issue with the “Lavatouched Lilies” spawn up north. :confused:

3 Likes

Same here. I previously had one that did not drop anything to loot as well. I eventually got mail with some loot in it that I assume was what I couldn’t see be dropped earlier. Havent checked if the error has repeated since.

I’m having the same issue with the Emerald Blossom - There was a seed i contributed to but the loot never spawned. Then i couldn’t plant any further seeds because i got the error. Hope they fix this!