You have 3 wishes, now fix wow!

This. 10 chars

• The ability to dye your clothes to the color of your choosing, while also adding a lot more customization options
  • PvP where the conquest gear earned is the same for everyone (no more upgrade bs)
  • Rewards that match the amount of efforts/time from the players.
3 Likes

Hate to break it to ya but the gaming market has changed since 2006. If they rereleased Ultima Online or EQ1 do you think they would make it very long if at all? Times change and with it the games have to adapt or go down. I still personally prefer how the game was in 2006, but it would not be alive now if it stayed that way completely. We can get some of that while still having stuff for less serious players too. It does not have to be all or nothing but right now it has gone in the complete opposite direction of 2006 and the game is dying.

Xrealm doesn’t exist in the overworld.

Steve danuser and all who approved of the bfa/SL writing direction never write anything ever again.

General game design goes back to MoP, and all artifact progression systems are abandoned forever.

Replying to say that I agree with your first two
God I would hate the third so much though.

3 Likes

Just one , I would suggest moving away from the competitive element of the game and moving back to an MMORPG genre rather than an attempt to be a half baked ESPORT game .

This isn’t an RTS or an fps game where those things would be considered reasonable , its a game of having niches and to understand some classes will be better than others at certain aspect of the game and balance should not be the focus.

This is will also change current playerbase from stress related players who worry about every balance patch to players who just want to be away from the norms of real life. More like the FF14 , Gw2 and Destiny 2 crowd

5 Likes

I love you. This 10000x

3 Likes

That’s fair I know a lot of people like WoWs combat. I never understood why personally. Even when I first played vanilla after all my friends pressuring me to I thought the combat was bad. I fell in love with the world and adventuring/exploring, but have never liked WoWs combat.

2 Likes
  • Races aren’t attached to factions and are independent factions with their own allies and interests
  • MoP stats are returned and reforging + ilvl upgrade are a baselined feature.
  • profession specific enhancements are again the norm

One off wish for the end of this expansion if nothing else.

• Torghast wasn’t designed to be expansion specific but is instead theme specific and reflects many different settings in the warcraft universe. It is a side game. It is a leveling option. It offers a currency used for the same ol’ same ol’
1 Like

get rid of anything that caters to esports
fire ion
make the game more simple and inviting to newer players

1 Like

For Shadowlands?

1. Remove covenant swapping restrictions
  2. Drop the renown system where it’s at and focus on Tier Sets and real content and challenges like the Mage Tower v.2(3? if you count visions)
  3. Make the next open zone designed around flying with content and world systems akin to Mechagon, Nazjatar, Suramar, and Argus.
  4. (Bonus) Don’t redeem Sylvanas.

For next expansion?

1. No more annoying max level power progression systems. Bring back Glyphs and just leave it there.
  2. More focus on content like dungeons and mini raids. 8 Dungeons and 1 mega dungeon is just not sustainable. Legion was better because of it’s large variety (if you weren’t running Maw of Souls for 20 hours straight)
  3. Create a bigger and more exciting open world with a REAL MAX LEVEL ZONE AND STORY, and for the love of all that is good do not divide them again between flightpaths like SL. Suramar was a resounding success. Remember that.
1 Like

Give me a break dude. That is terrible.

Go play CoD.

1 Like
  • M+ now has a lockout of 3 EoD chests per week (opened via Keystone w/ charges, you choose which ones you want to open). Loot is normalized accordingly. No lower-than-average EoD ilvl, no boosted Vault/Weekly Chest ilvl. Vault mechanics still exist. Getting that 2nd slot opened up for doing your first dungeon while locked out seems fine to me, and the people going for 10 aren’t doing it for EoD drops to begin with.
  • Instanced PvP now operates on a baseline ilvl players will be scaled up to if they don’t meet, and PvP Gear from Vendors is no longer locked behind Renown and Rating, just raw currency. PvP needs to provide gear progression because this is an RPG, but ultimately it should be about skill more than that. Someone should not have a distinct advantage over you for… already being better than you. That on it’s own is the advantage.
  • Mythic Raiding is now cross-realm from Day 1, Now uses the same lockout system as all other difficulties, and Now flexes the same as all other difficulties.
    • Scaling is more finely adjusted for smaller group sizes. No more “we can’t do this fight on 10m because it’s designed to have 4 healers rotating CDs and if we run 10m with 4 healers we’ll hit enrage”.

The penultimate wish would be " To be able to succeed at any task I attempt with any degree of success I choose at any time I choose"

But… if we have to make them relevant to the game…

1. Get rid of eSports activities.
  2. Separate PvP and PvE gear / stats - One should not be viable for the other.
  3. Create and enforce anti-toxicity rules.
3 Likes

• remove addons
• remove rating
• remove DH

Of course they would have to try an’ actually make rpg at that point

stopped reading right there.

you dont get to dismiss what worked in the past because “TIMES HAVE CHANGED BRO”

history is meant to be engaged with, analyzed and compared to the demands of the present; not ignored.

try again

Hate to break it to you, but WoW has always been the casual MMO. It was marketed as so. It came from the era of UO and EQ (both of which were heavily grindfests, more so than vanilla ever was.

1: …
1: …
1: … Fix the lag.

5 Likes
  1. Get rid of rating gate for Conquest gear. This is the stupidest thing they implemented. Of course Ion probably implemented this because he likes to raid and can’t stand people having fun doing anything else.

2. My only other change would be to get rid of Ion.

4 Likes