You guys playing Havoc DH in S4?

Or you just going to wait until Dragonflight?

2 Likes

May go Vengeance… seems to be the only other likely decision other than rolling monk

3 Likes

Never played vengeance outside of pvp, but gl brother!

I will be because I still like the class and I never made an alt this expansion. I’ll be moving away from DH in DF though most likely.

Vengeance all the way. Havoc only to spice things up mythic plus from time to time, and pvp til 2100 for mog and enchant

It’s an upper tier M+ class with a low cd aoe CC, a purge, an interrupt, and simple burst setup with strong self survival tools.

More importantly, it brings a 5% damage buff for your top DPS performers, warlock, SV, fire mage, and DK. All of which deal mostly magic damage. Why would you not bring a Havoc DH unless you had a VDH already?

It’s not SV/rogue levels of broken melee DPS, but it’s nowhere near as bad as balance druid, shadow priest, or feral druid.

1 Like

Havoc could be publicly known as the worst class/spec in the game and I would still play it. In my opinion(for the way I like to play WoW) no other class has the combination of mobility, utility, and fantasy that Havoc does.

13 Likes

Upper tier M+ spec. Did you just watch a Dratnos video?

It has utility, sure, but so does a lot of more specs. The only good thing that Havoc has that no other spec has is Chaos Brand.

Damage is pitiful, profile is horrible for M+ and after the last round of buffs, we’re probably the worst spec in the game in AoE.

I laugh at any streamer placing Havoc higher than C tier atm. I don’t care about the utility. We are DPS. If the damage isn’t there, we’re not performing.

14 Likes

If they had let us known they weren’t going to fix DH while also nerfing SV before the next season started, I would’ve probably tried to get an alt ready, but I cba anymore.

My group is just going to have to deal with my subpar DPS and carry me through dungeons at this point.

5 Likes

This is the only reason I still play wow basically. Every other spec makes me feel like I’m playing a video game from 2009.

7 Likes

I wouldn’t take it that far myself. I have always enjoyed Shadow Priest and Frost DK for example, but I don’t play the same way nor consume the same content on those class that I do on my DH. Never have. I picked up DH in Legion Pre Patch and have put in hundreds and hundreds of hours on DH since then.

3 Likes

Sure, doing soooo horrible.

You’re under 4 other specs in performance and above 8 others for melee. Get a grip. If we included casters you would be even better off as current M+ favors melee heavily over most casters that are not a mage or warlock.

1 Like

Getting ready to ding my monk to 60 and will have 15k worth of honor to jump in gear on Tuesday.

Dh is feeling extremely stale with the rotation and I’m having a blast on ww.

I will be bringing Evoker through df initially and it depends on the talent trees if I use either havoc or ww as my melee

Dh is my favorite class theme wise, but the simple rotation has always been super stale to me.

Ww has a great flow with its mastery and I wish dh really synced with itself better than the rotation primarily being blade dance in cd and chaos strike as filler inbetween cooldowns

1 Like

Always. Until dragonflight when i might betray you all for the new shiny.

Unless the DH talent tree is really good, but i got fears about that.

2 Likes

Again, I’m bored of dealing with people that just links Subcreation charts without even knowing what they mean.

Subcreation means spec POPULARITY on keys. That means that Havocs are doing more keys (and higher rated) and those below.

That DOESN’T MEAN that Havoc is a good spec. It means that in the context of M+, the utility it brings performs better than those that don’t have it.

And we know what utility it is. Chaos Brand.

Any half decent Havoc will tell you the same, Havoc’s current DPS profile is absolute TRASH for anything that is short lived (aka what the whole of M+ is) and that our AoE is totally lacking.

Also LMAO at M+ catering to melee more than casters / ranged DPS. Step into SDepths, do the first pack with 3 packs and tell me how much it caters to melee.

9 Likes

Dang son, you haven’t done any raids or M+ for a long time. You def have the experience and knowledge to talk about M+ and other classes. Soooooo smart.

4 Likes

Thats easy for you to say. Were only propped up by Sinful, why cant people see that? I just dont get it

3 Likes

The spec has a stigma that’s as old as bfa. The community, especially surrounding DH, has some wild thoughts. Imagine being a spec that does way more dmg than Havoc yet still doesn’t get brought because their utility is hot garbage and then they think DH is secretly doing 30k dps overall in m+ rofl. I think even a 1% buff to blade dance would get met with huge backlash because of DKs in tinfoil hats.

1 Like

This is true unfortunately. Lot of mindless keyboard warriors are quick to write DH off because of its “simplicity”. You know what does more damage than havoc DH right now while pressing less buttons?

Survival :joy:

4 Likes

The irony is that the DH community is really asking for more buttons to press.