You don't like Vanilla

Classic always had addons.

2 Likes

Mods in Vanilla were FAR more powerful than anything they have today. I remember a rogue addon that would do everything for you with one button push. The entire reason we have macro conditionals is because Blizzard had to change the API to prevent Addons from playing the game for you.

3 Likes

I hated Quest Helper then they made it a thing in the actual game it was so annoying and I’m glad I found a way to turn it off. It was one of those add-ons you don’t use but had them around in case you were rushing to level cap

Good Grief

Hellz bellz we had addons in the beta of vanilla and most definitely in vanilla. Who are you people who remember such incorrectly about something you are so passionate about lol

2 Likes

It is weird that there was never a widely used LFG add-on in Vanilla, or at least if there was, it didn’t catch on for a long time. As of a year after release, most pugs on Hyjal were built through spamming in IF General.

Was it possible throughout vanilla to have custom channels with unlimited players that could communicate across multiple zones? Or was that capability only added later?

This I was so sad when I loaded up a macro that did better dmg on my hunter simply because it removed any thought process. =(

Your opinion doesn’t really matter to me. In the overall scheme of life you are but a bug on a windshield.

Just had my character auto run me through 10 quests with this new addon. I like it!

#MyClassic

You don’t like vanilla if you don’t like addons.

2 Likes

Yes we had class channels in our guild that only we knew about/had access to and I was in a pvp channel of some buddies from various guilds, but they were global and could be colorized. This was always an option but most didnt use them.

You will play the version of classic that I like best, if you don’t approve then go play retail.
#MYclassic

Am I doing it right?

I wouldn’t call addons cheating.

They’re more of a selective handicap system.

Addons aren’t part of the game and never were

#MyClassic

Exactly who are these people who feel the need to control other’s gameplay so vehemently. It seems to be rooted in some mental illness and I am not being facetious when I say that. There definitely seems to be a behavioral pattern being displayed repeatedly in these forums.

1 Like

Maybe not in #YourClassic but in #MyVanilla I used plenty of addons. And in #MyClassic I will use them again.

1 Like

That would be awesome. Reading and figuring out quests isn’t fun, for me. I’m a slow reader. Quests are only there for faction, and faster leveling to do dungeons and raids.

Yes I do.

I had addons in Vanilla, I’ll have addons in Classic.

2 Likes

Addons didn’t exist in the game. Quest helper was added to the client later

#MyClassic

I guess you didn’t play vanilla or forgot.

#MyClassic

2 Likes