You created MORE bots

I would do dme jump runs on my hunter to grab the herbs and tubers and use most of them to supply my guilds raid consumables for coppers on the gold income.

I’ve supplied over 600 major Mana potions for my guilds healers and gotten maybe 20g out of it all.

This directly hurts my ability to help my guild for those who don’t have time to farm or mained a class that is bad at farming (aka most healers).

This change directly hurts my ability to help guildies farm gear for AQ, alts that are trying to get raid ready, exc.

This change has altered my playstyle to be more selfish because I can’t afford not to.

I farm a lot and horde a lot of items, but I sell them to guildies dirt cheap if I don’t just plain give them away.

I made a 1-300 alchemy kit with herbs and sold it to a guildy for 50g…

I have 300g to my account and have my epic mount. Sure I’ll start saving up for tbc to have 6k soon. But now I’ll be far more selfish with my resources gathered.

#icantinstance
#helpingisdead

1 Like

First of all, you have no idea what you’re talking about. It does not “mess up” the economy. Supply and demand will always dictate what people farm.

And second, someone who wants for farm 80 instances a day should be allowed to because we pay to play this game. This isn’t some free to play game. We give Blizzard $15 a month for access to their servers. For them to then turn around and restrict that access because they don’t want to spend a few of our subs a month fighting bots is completely unacceptable.

I feel like a ton of people here are really exaggerating the impact of this change on their day to day gameplay. You’re telling me you were doing more than 30 DM:E jump runs a day? How many were you doing? 35? 40? 60? 70?

Yeah right.

30 dme jump runs a day? No.

But on my weekend I’ll do 10-15 jump runs, then some Mara runs for getting guildies their NR gear (I got mine from Mara already) then some arena runs to help my guilds warriors / enhance shamans. I do gnomregan runs for a NR ring (still don’t have it, it’s a less than 1% drop but quick to run and has a chance for rare engineer recipes). And then there is the one offs, helping in Ubrs for alts attunement/ getting raid ready gear, one off helping people get dungeon quests done for them in the leveling dungeons, exc.

Sure I don’t hit the cap during my weekdays, but on my weekends when I have 8 more hours that I can play? I can easily hit the cap if I’m not careful.

The 1st 20 jump runs for the weekend usually cover my consumables for the weeks raids. All others after that is getting consumables for healers because they have a much harder time getting them. I usually give the ghost mushrooms to our melee dps because it helps them with aggro and I can just FD. (Now that I’m not using them for AV invis potions)

It’s not hard to hit that 30 cap on a day off. And because of the 30 cap I am much more likely to not help others with instanced content… The change kills my social aspect because I need to get my stuff done before I can help others…

Instance Caps = More Bot Accounts = More Profit for Blizzard

That’s the point, to make them use more resources and get new obvious way to filter them from normal players. They don’t wanna nuke bots, they can do that immediatly, they want more.

2000g for a single token??

LOL

most people are trading 200g for a token in retail. nice try.

Dude, you can only farm that instance 5 times in an hour, and that is before the new rule of 30 instances in a day. You are not winning people over with your argument here.

What? I’m talking about the price of buying gold, as in going to certain websites and purchasing the gold.

then okay… if your buying it from a website.

thats like 300g equiv to a token. depending on your server.

a botter can farm maybe 1500-2000g a day if they always have buyers for their carries. which would translate to like 75-100 bucks a day…

Assuming someone buys your gold which meet these recommendations:

On your server

On your faction

Actually choose to buy from you

It’s not so easy to just ‘sell’ your gold once you get it. There’s a TON of factors that are against you to actually make money.

The raw gold already farmed is still in the game. Buying power will not go up as a result of this change, at best it only slows the rate of inflation for items that weren’t easily farmed by bots. While the items that were easily farmed en masse, will see a dramatic increase in price as demand has remained the same, while supply has been dramatically reduced.