You can't put the word "King" in your name, but these are fine

Come on blizzard, it’s like you aren’t even trying. At least one of these really should be blocked.

{link containing inappropriate names removed}

2 Likes

Despicable, people naming themselves inappropriately.

1 Like

oh no – Piezuri has fallen victim to THE UGLIEST HELMET IN THE GAME.

RIP Space-Kwang. :expressionless:

1 Like

I did hide it. I miss my blindfold, though.

Wrath of the Lich

@blizzard

fix

Omg lol those are bad

1 Like

pretty sure the King part has to do with it being a title, and people were trying to get around the name censure for the F-word.

but i mean go ahead and see how far you actually make it with those names before getting a forced name change

2 Likes

ok for real I laughed way to hard at some of those names.

. . .but yeah totally inappropriate.

1 Like

Guess what? You have never been able to use the word King in your name. Since the release in 2004! The reasoning was because it is a title. You can’t be a king when their are actual KINGS in the game.

Blizzards original naming policy for WoW was very strict. This included no famous names, no titles, no phrases and many more restrictions.

I wish they enforced it more.

7 Likes

They enforce it on RP servers. Or at least they did at the start of classic…I haven’t been on an rp server since naxx

O it certainly is, all profit based.

1 Like

i like it tho
unless you mean the leather one…
yeah f that thing

You can use Queen though

no…its been like this since 2004

2 Likes

My pic hadn’t updated in forever and now as soon as I got this beauty, it happened.

Which is odd, since we have these as titles.

Yes, you cannot use King because King is on the reserved list as it is considered a title.

The other names that you provided absolutely would be considered inappropriate, and I would recommend that you delete them. If you are logging into them and they are reported, penalties may be applied as a result.

We do have restrictions on the use of certain words and phrases during name creation, but it is fairly impossible to cover every eventuality without impacting the normal use of language, as some names can contain some similar combinations of letters that would otherwise be fine.

We’ve also found that folks can be… creative… in their naming conventions, so a broad spectrum of restrictions isn’t as effective as we may like. Responding to player reports allows us to catch names that fall into that category. That is, when the reporting tools are used to bring those names to our attention.

Please be sure to report any names you see that you feel may violate our policies.

16 Likes