You can no longer progress the Silverpine Forest questline because of the new Gilneas questline

I’m not sure if anyone has caught this yet. There must be some weird phasing going on or a severe oversight with Blizzard’s QA, but progressing the Silverpine Forest quest has been locked unless you’re level 30 and have a flying mount. The quest What Tomorrow Brings requires you to inspect a fleet of ships through a telescope right at the rim of Gilneas City. Prior to the update, this is what the location looked like:

Very simple quest, not much beyond interacting with the telescope and then turning it in.

Except you can’t do that anymore, because the walls and gates surrounding the telescope have now been rebuilt. When you play through the Gilneas section of the Silverpine Forest questline, the area is now flooded with friendly NPCs among the hostile 7th Legion mobs as they rebuild the city. The walls and gates they’ve rebuilt are too high to jump over. The only way to progress now is to have a flying amount.

I thought this may have been just a bug on my end, but upon trying to get over the wall, I encountered another player running into the same issue. Neither of us could get over the wall, and there’s no way of getting over it as far as we can tell. This has probably been overlooked because not many people venture through Silverpine Forest while leveling, but it’s one of the best questlines in the game and as it stands, you can’t play it.

Please fix this, Blizzard.

18 Likes

I did manage to find a workaround: near the telescope, there’s a bridge just west. Between the pylons, there is a elevated platform. You cannot jump on the next nearest platform facing east, but you can reach the next one at a diagonal (jumping facing southeast). Use a mount for speed and try to reach that platform. That one will allow you to reach the telescope.

It’s not a great workaround, but I did manage without a flying mount. I doubt the devs meant this as the means to fix it.

11 Likes

Were you in Chromie time when you tried this? If not, try picking the Cata timeline and see if that fixes the phasing issue. You could also try talking to Zidormi in Tirisfal.

You’ll want to move this to the Bug Reports forum.

3 Likes

You can’t do shimmering flats quests anymore either, the world updated and changed.

Shimmering Flats quests were replaced with those around the goblin/gnome barge. This is apparently just an issue with changed terrain geometry. It’s not comparable.

6 Likes

I also managed to find a workaround by clipping myself onto the wall when jumping. Still, it’s kind of frustrating that this is even a problem to begin with.

Yes, I’m in the Cata timeline.

Same thing happened with the gnome heritage questline and unfortunately it was never fixed.

No one actually does silverpine anymore anyway.

It’s so sad to see the state of this game nowadays… They truly just don’t care.

2 Likes

Silverpine Forest is horde’s most efficient leveling zone up until a particular set of quests. So if you’re trying to get to 70 solo, you’ll for sure be doing this zone.

6 Likes

That’s simply not true, but even if it was, I don’t think that’s an excuse to not preserve the zone in any capacity. Silverpine Forest combined with Hillsbrad Foothills is one of the best questlines to come out of the Cataclysm revamp and it remains one of the best questlines in the game to date. It would really suck for it to be hindered by an oversight in QA.

8 Likes

Hi. The OP and the other players they saw were leveling in Silverpine. I think you misread their post. Thanks!

1 Like

It’s incredible.
Not only is the questline itself bad enough to drive people away from playing Worgen to the point of buying a race change, or even quitting the game, you don’t even need to actually do it for it to screw you over.

3 Likes

Please report this into the bug area!

:dracthyr_uwahh_animated:

Their one QA guy doesn’t even know what his job is.

2 Likes

Another reason this should’ve been tested on the PTR.

3 Likes

I like that it wasn’t and fresh for everyone. This is more of a reason for the team to actually have QA personnel. They use to have them then downsized because “reasons”. PTR shouldn’t even be a thing if they were doing their jobs correctly.

Who levels a toon on ptrs?

2 Likes

Well, it’s something new and it’s bugged, therefore by forum logic it should therefore be removed from the game.