You can get BANNED? for pvp?

If you don’t like being camped…why are you on a pvp server (or flagged Warmode).

Being Camped =/= to a legitimate scam. Not the same…:roll_eyes:

1 Like

The only time you can get in trouble from Blizz with pvp is if you camp out of a roof or some place that glitches the guards into not attacking you. I don’t know if that will still be a thing in Classic.

Maybe? Bit of a slippery slope argument there.

I can’t imagine there’s a lot of people who would rather pay some amount of money to a stranger on PayPal for a service they can’t guarantee would actually be delivered rather than just asking for help from their faction mates.

Never said that you did. I was just remarking upon the humor of having a contention with extortion but not with repeated murder.

Don’t pay the COD unless you can confirm it’s the item you want. Pretty easy solution. :stuck_out_tongue:

It should never be an issue, regardless of how long they are there. If you want to stop them, mount a counter offensive against them.

So recruit 21 people instead of 20.

Indeed.

What will get you banned during PvP on a PvP server is zone disruption. One example from my days on Ravenholdt during Wrath: we had a couple Alliance rogues kill the auctioneers in the Royal Exchange for at least a week. That is literally all they did in the game during that time. They got banned. We found out because one of them came over onto Horde and admitted it.

Some guild on one of the big PvP servers got warned to knock it off after locking down the Isle of Thunder for hours. Horde players would be dead when the loading screen finished.

When someone claims to be banned for PvP, always try to get the full story – because they’re not telling you that. Think back to that thread on Reddit with some yahoo trumpeting how he’d been banned. A CM came along and clarified hed gone on an alt of the opposite faction and sent harassing ingame mails (possibly on more than one alt, I can’t recall now). That is why he was banned.

For the record, pulling that kind of stunt has always been against the ToS. Do not do it, even on PvP servers.

Anyone who says “I wuz banned just for pvpin’!” is more than likely leaving out salient details… like the actual reason for the ban.

1 Like

Nothing irks me more than punishing players for garbage PvP design.

1 Like

Let me rephrase “20 to 1” as in “Server POPULATION ratio (at max level) is 20 to 1”.
You tell me how to fix that if you please.

People like you really do not get it.
If other players spend all their time being camped and stomped on constantly they will leave and never come back. PvP SUFFERS.
Newbie joins a PvP server -> gets camped by a “brave” max level -> he leaves and never comes back. PvP SUFFERS.
“PvP happened on a PvP” means @#$#@$ if the constantly stomped on NEVER COME BACK.

1 Like

Short answer is NO, you cannot.

1 Like

i strongly disagree with this. if someone wants to kill low level quest givers nothing will stop him. even if theres 40 ppl standing there waiting for him to res back up he only needs half a second to 1 shot a low level npc and then the npc is gone for 20+ minutes and then he respawns 1 shots again. i’ve seen it done before.

1 Like

Believe it or not, even it classic there was a line you crossed going from camping to griefing. People got banned for this kind of stuff all the time. GMs would ban people if they would actively hunt them down using other accounts to track their faction and kill them 40 times in a row.

prove it…

There is no in-game policy against “trolling” or “griefing”. Trolling applies to the Forums only and griefing, is a bit nebulous and not a violation of our policies.

I’m sorry, Hully, while it may be considered “griefing”, which is really defined as someone doing something you don’t like, that doesn’t violate policy.

Plus I linked other blue posts in this thread.

I’ll link this again as it’s apparent you didn’t read it.

I’m not entirely sure why you are linking me retail policies but okay. There is a point where pvp camping goes to harassment after the player uses opposite faction accounts to track specific players down and repeatedly camp them. Obviously basic corpse camping in pvp is legit. As far as finding proof of this…well I am not about to spend hours upon hours in wayback machine to find something from 2004-2006 lol.

You are now just being obtuse. It’s the policies that Blizzard uses…their policies haven’t really changed much since vanilla.

Well then, don’t make claims if you are not gonna back them up.

If your not being allowed to progress by the opposite faction then you either log off for a bit, go quest in a different zone, or let the max lvl players on your server know and they will come to your aid. Your on a PVP server so getting ganked and having quest givers ganked comes with the territory. Just play on a PVE server if you want to minimize that sort of thing. It’s literally that simple.

Geez…someone is a bit crabby this morning…

Wasn’t the “solution” to this called, uh, Dishonorable Kills? And there’s several threads about that.

Then again, that’s not going to be at launch.

Okay better yet…

Show me Blizzard’s Classic policies…they should be easy to find on the support site.

1 Like

I am interested if blizzard will update or change and policy’s or will classic have there own? Does all Blizzard games have the same policy? Or is it just a blanket term, i mean would COD really have the same one as WoW?

Well, they do share the same EULA, they might update some of the policies to reflect Classic changes. Seeing how Classic and Retail are basically the same MMO, sorta, I wouldn’t be surprised if they shared the same policies.

Can you? In some cases.

Should they ban for PvP on PvE servers? DEFINITELY.

PvP is an abomination, PvP players simply look for people to grief, it’s their M.O. PvP on PvE servers should be a bannable offense. Leave the cannibals to kill eachother on PvP servers.

You have achieved wisdom, grasshoppa!

There are ways Blizzard could fix this type of situation. But no one would like them. It’s a problem best solved by the playerbase, in the playerbase’s best interest…but so, so many refuse to admit this.