You can get BANNED? for pvp?

I’m sure ive been given false information.

You can get banned for camping questgiving npcs and all of the low level players that are trying to level?

It happened to me daily in vanilla.

What happened to recreating the experience?

Or are people just terrified about the right click to report?

These are dark times ever since all the cm’s were fired.

5 Likes

Classic should have different rules from retail when it comes to stuff like this.

9 Likes

Yes absolutely for this.

And you would be a so and so for doing this too.

8 Likes

even on a pvp server?

Why not just make the npc’s un-killable? lol what

5 Likes

You can’t get banned for pvp on a pvp realm, ignore the fear mongers.

33 Likes

You shouldn’t get banned for pvp even on a pve server in Classic if they’re going to be using the old ruleset. People who rolled on PVE servers thinking that’s supposed to mean “no PVP for anybody ever at any point” have always been sorely mistaken. It always meant “PVP optional”.

8 Likes

Yeah there is a good post that states you can’t get banned for this. Classic WoW PvP servers should be a Free For All. check it out.

1 Like

Could you link to the exact post, please?

The problem here is killing NPC’s isn’t PvP.

Player vs Player is just that, PLAYER, not Player vs NPC.

6 Likes

Classic WoW PvP servers should be a Free For All - #8 by Zenlord-bleeding-hollow here ya go

Well you do have to pvp to get rid of them.

2 Likes

Blizzard has always said “if there is a PVP solution we won’t step in.”

There is a PVP solution to someone camping quest givers on a PVP server.

8 Likes

No.

If an NPC can be attacked then doing so isn’t generally considered a violation of our policies.

10 Likes

In extreme cases they would warn people to knock it off if they were engaging in prolonged “zone disruption.”

Saying “PvP solution for a PvP problem” is all well and good until you’re on a server with a 90-10 faction imbalance.

8 Likes

That argument is ridiculous. If JonnyBad the Rogue on an RP server decides to kill questgivers in Goldshire, then it flags in for PVP. Note how the NPCs are green and under their names it says “PvP” as well. Also note that when JonnyBad the Rogue gets flagged for killing these lowbie questgivers on the RP server, that also opens him up to me or someone else coming along and killing him so that the lowbies can quest again.

It’s PVP.

11 Likes

Boom, laying down the knowledge. Also people a word of advise, Keep an alt in your main city so you can /2 for help and get your big brothers and sisters to help you out. This way I have more challenging prey.

3 Likes

Basically this. Even if you are on a Normal servers, doesn’t mean you are free from PvP.

1 Like

Nah you only get ban if you grief 1 or more players by camping them for a long time " if reported by lots of players ". We did see at one point in 1.12.X that players where starting to get ban for killing the same npc’s all day long to grief players while leveling but if you let’s say kill all npc’s in a town hub once then go by your business and leave them alone for 1 to 2 hrs and do it again you won’t get ban.

That is what i remember from back then regarding this issue and i was on a pvp server not RP so i don’t know for pve servers how it was.

Edited for clarity

1 Like

It’s funny how in that PvP Harassment post, at the top they mention
* A player of the opposite faction is camping or killing NPCs

But they don’t talk specifically about NPC’s anymore after that lol.

• Corpse camping
  • Killing players well below your level

I understand “corpse camping” as a PLAYER corpse, not an NPC

Basically, this is the way I remember it. Killing NPCs was fine, but just blocking people from progressing for a long period of time was not.