You and Your Alt

I was so disappointed when we didn’t get skinny Kul Tirans. I had plans for a big boy and skinny dude pair of rogues named after two old friends from HS who were, at the time, a big boy and skinny dude pair of rogues.

1 Like

Why did you decide that using the human model that has been in from the start of WoW for a Kul Tiran wouldn’t work for you? Especially now that you can play through any of the zones. Not disagreeing with you, just curious about your decision-making process.

Not that person but I guess it would be because default human model isn’t “skinny” like the skinny Kul Tirans. Human males look like body builder wannabes that forgot leg day. I’d like a skinny character that’s thin like Forsaken, but upright.

1 Like

I’m also curious if the skinny model would have all the female forsaken emotes, like the really lame dance lmao

1 Like

:pensive:

me you and am you’re*

I know I’m posting on the wrong character but the dance is so boring compared to everyone else’s dances :frowning:

well I’m just going to repetitively sway here on my own and you’re not invited :rage:

(No seriously I agree it sucks, I’m just being a goose)

1 Like

femsaken got no moves ;v

My character concept for my alt is the character I hope will revitalize my interest in the game, only for me to get to max level on that character, realize the end game content in Shadowlands isn’t for me, so I toil on a TRP for them and go into Orgrimmar/Stormwind, sit idle for like two hours, no one walks up, I get bored, and think of other interesting character concepts and try again.

And again.

AND AGAIN.

AND AGAIN!

And then the next patch drops and I play my main until the cycle continues.

1 Like

I had an idea to RP as an adorable Dwarf kid that wants to grow up and become a Paladin. I tried it for a bit, but no one wants to RP with a kid so it didn’t work out. I also figured the character wouldn’t fit in any guild or get any walkups so I scrapped it.

I’m not sure if I decided anything wouldn’t work for me. Not in the general sense at least.

I saw the models when BfA was previewed and hoped we’d get both, so I reserved the names I wanted for the two on Ravenholdt. I have at least 1 rogue of each race on Ravenholdt, including races I have elsewhere, hence the plan.

When things did not go as planned, I made a chunky boi rogue named
“Drifter” to go with my chunky hunter (though on another server, still allies in spirit) named “Grifter”.

The reason a human model wouldn’t work is because the skinny guy was like, skinnier than the skinny KT people are but IRL. A normal human model really wouldn’t represent him.

So in the end, I just made a single chubster and didn’t name him after anyone from real life.

All that said, if we did have the skinny guys I’d probably have rolled a few – especially if they could have long wizardly beards and stuff!

Events are the new hubs. There are so many weekly events that these days sitting on the side of the road in a capital is the least likely way to meet other people.

I got one word for ya -

Jingles. :wink:

Ask anyone who’s RPed with Jingles for more than 5 minutes and they’ll tell you that interacting with a well-played child is fun. And Jingles could have her pick of several guilds that would be happy to have her. No reason the same couldn’t be true for you.

1 Like

That world certainly explain why the RP scene has seemed a bit thin for me in cities. :frowning:

During Lunar Festival there are a lot of things happening. Plus, even more for Love is in the Air. February is a great month to hit some of the weekly taverns and such, visit markets (some weekly, some monthly), and check out the once a year events.

Perfect way to test the waters with an alt without committing to any long-term RP storylines.

Went threw all the trouble to get Jhant to 50 and on his way into Shadowlands only to now want to make an affectionate Death Knight that yells compliments at people and loves fishing.

https://youtu.be/gs2_yF9Bmy0

I keep getting ideas that are just recycled versions of each other. I either can’t find a race/class combo I like for it, or I just lose steam. Golemancy is a repeating thread. I’ve wanted to make a Goblin engineer who was part of the group held by the Defias to make the reapers. Alternatively, I’ve wanted to play a mage who is a professor of golemancy/ enchantment and hoards items to craft all kinds of junk golems. They never really take off beyond that. In a similar vein, I’ve been interested in thread magic a la Black Clover. It’s a very practical but unassuming kind of magic.
Recently I’ve taken an interest in a lightbound Maghar Orc who was taken to the MU by her family in hopes that it would “cure” her. She would be learning to connect with her culture whilst keeping her religion. Another Maghar idea was just a Blackrock smith. I might try to crunch the two together. Who knows?
I was inspired a long time ago by the scene from Last Airbender where Azula and Zuko are fighting over a bound Aang. I wanted to make a pair of Pandaren. One was a female monk who is chasing the legend of a treasure supposedly left behind by their ancestor, but as told by their very senile and eccentric grandfather. The other is a warrior who is worried about his sister and trying to bring her back to their family safely, but every time they meet it turns into a brawl.
Vulpera are tricky for me. There isn’t much lore to work with and there’s that fear that Blizzard will drop some lore that axes any idea I have. I briefly considered a Vulpera brought to Pandaria as a scout for the Zandalari. They’re small and unassuming, and thus able to move ahead of the main force fairly easily. But one day they went MIA, having fallen in love with Pandaren culture. I also considered a Vulperan who barters with a passing Kul Tiran captain for passage on their ship to escape the hardship of Vol’dun. They learn from the resident tidesage and corsairs and develop their skills and conscience over the years. They eventually return to Vol’dun, hoping to help their people resist the Sethrak and notch out a home for themselves… Only to find the Horde’s already been through and helped.

Finally, I’m obsessed with wanting to play little old men: A Kul’Tiran or Gilnean Druid who is just trying to live in peace and spends his time nurturing all of the small and ugly creatures of the world. I like to picture him wearing a hat with baby birds living in it. Alternatively, I’ve wanted to bring back one of my old characters: A Gnomish adventurer turned sage old man who tries to guide a younger generation on a life of adventure. For added bonus, I was going to also play a half Goblin daughter, but again, looming lorehammer.

1 Like

I have to say - I love creating characters. i have nearly 3 dozen even though there’s maybe only 3-4 I play at all regularly. Mostly Pandaren of course, but also many others on both factions. I wish there was a way I could get paid to design characters for other people.

I feel you on this.

Leveling all my alts to 50 right now and coming up with new ideas and most of them just reinventing the wheel or its just Juspion but now he has a goatee and is evil.

Some that I get real excited about are sometimes tied to a location and while I can come up with a reason to make a character go to Stormwind, Orgrimmar or SMC it sorta knocks the wind outta my sails when I have to drag a character to a location they wouldn’t otherwise be in to find RP.