You all know it. You do

You know you do. You know we are all going to be here until this game ends completely. And if Chris Metzen is correct in his prediction, we will be here for another 20 years of WoW.

No amount of complaining about mounts, tokens, transmogs, LFR, pug groups, class balancing, etc. will change that.

I have quit this game multiple times throughout the almost 20 years its been active. And in the words of Al Pacino from Godfather Part 3, “Just when I think I’m out, they pull me back in…” Hell, even my kids are playing this game. (happy about that btw, wouldve never thought that would happen)

So thats it. If im alive in 20 more years and so is this game, I will more than likely be logging in.

…and so will you. Yes you. You know who you are.

29 Likes

I am here to see it done.

15 Likes

You seem to be ignoring the fact that we have lost millions and millions of people lol

30 Likes

Maybe then we can upload our consciousness to the inter webs and live in Azeroth full time in virtual reality three D

8 Likes

Actually I will not be here in 11.0 more than likely because my love for WoW died out after Shadowlands. I will be playing classic instead until it runs out.

7 Likes

I might be… I don’t know if I’ll be playing in my 70s though. That is 20 years from now.

4 Likes

Weeded out the weak.

6 Likes

Like Sisyphus, we’re all bound to eternal and futile task.

Jk, not me.

3 Likes

Youd be surprised.

2 Likes

I would say you’ve been taking a hiatus, or a break then.

Everybody could use this.

2 Likes

Youd still be here though.

2 Likes

I dunno, I could be dead then.

2 Likes

I would, just not in retail. retail is very bland nowdays

3 Likes

They say that, then they come back

2 Likes

nah. I’m only on retail still bc of my few friends I have left. everyone else went to FFXIV or wrath getting ready for cata.
I have zero interest in buying war within unless my friends gift it to me

3 Likes

Unless a worldwide blackout doesn’t occur within the next few years, i’ll probably still be playing

2 Likes

Yeah but not forumgoers. The rest of the players, who never come here, they can still get away. We’re trapped.

4 Likes

Not everyone who leaves comes back. If they did, Blizzard would be bragging about subscription numbers instead of taking steps to make it difficult to estimate this number.

It’s a fact that 100-200 million accounts were started and have since been abandoned. New players will continue to join, find the game pointlessly confusing, and leave. Existing players will leave when they think the game is too easy or too hard, when they don’t get enough new content, or when their content is removed or greatly changed. Players will leave when they think that other players aren’t working hard enough to deserve to get rewards in exchange for the time they play. Players will leave if they think they are being expected to play more than they want to. Players will leave if they want to log in and play, but there’s nothing for them to do. Players will leave if they feel like the game has been redesigned for someone else.

Players will leave. Most who leave will never come back.

4 Likes

Well, that depends on whether or not WoW outlives me.

2 Likes

I might be… I might just be tired by then as well.

1 Like