You all do realize it's been 3 days right?

Are you a fan of this mode? And is this question intended to imply that only people who are fans of this mode should be posting in this thread?

:woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I’m sure they probably will gigabuff after enough time has passed.

And I agree that it’s dumb developing the game around having people wait to see if changes are made, which is why they need to just buff the bronze now and make it easier for everyone.

There needs to be a happy medium between small drip and 7000+ primary frogger cloaks.

You can see people complaining on the forums, the subreddit, and it continues to be an active discussion actually in game as well.

There is so much content available right now , there is no reason to be pushing exhaustive engagement techniques with sluggish grinds and major FOMO techniques at the same time… people are exhausted, just let us farm for rewards and feel like our time is respected.

7 Likes

I would like to not get one shot. Upgrading gear likely isn’t going to fix that, the power was in the cloak. Frog farm fixed. Scale issue still is there bronze does not do me that much good.

3 Likes

You don’t like the mode, but you clearly think everything is fine. You are just here to antagonize.

Shouldn’t you be, I don’t know putting your effort into somewhere else that rewards you for said equal effort in the game if you don’t like this mode?

:slight_smile:

I agree, but I can’t even buy the timerunner stuff on my alt. There is -so many issues- with the mode it isn’t funny at this point.

Plus the plunderstorm will most likely have a rerun while we could never have a mop rewind ever again

Did you miss the part where I specifically referred to cosmetics?

Well sure. It’s a new mode. I was just curious as to some clarification is all.

I suppose I’m curious here as to what makes it clear. And why I asked if you meant in general or on a particular subreddit, as these forums often make it seem as though there are a lot of complainers in game, but at least in my own subjective experience these “complaint” forums have a much, much higher representation of complainers than in-game parties, raids, and other groups seem to.

I’m further curious as to what people may be unhappy about. I had responded to someone in this thread, asking mostly about clarification about their take on effort vs reward, so I was curious about that.

In my personal opinion, I was hoping the talents and scaling would make it play like MoP, but that isn’t the case at all.

This isn’t what I said at all…

I mean, you’re the one seemingly putting words in others’ mouths and attacking them just for being here.

Perhaps spend some time in self reflection…

Anyway, you didn’t answer my direct question:

Are you a fan of this mode? And are you intending to imply that only fans should be posting in this thread?

:woman_shrugging:

Yes, we know how many days it is. That’s the problem. The first week of this isn’t even over and people are already soured because beyond the first few hours of playing it, it’s not what was advertised.

What I expect on day 4 or 5 of this is to be levelling an alt with 300% XP on a shared cloak buff when I’m bored of demolishing group content on my main. Not grinding a harder treadmill than original MoP or current live.

“Don’t do it.” – yeah, duh, we won’t lol… I wanted some of the old heirlooms but not THAT bad, damn.

Overall poor design for this to happen IMO. The cloak should be more integrated into overall gearing, there shouldn’t be a gear treadmill parallel to the rewards structure. It would be fine if it’s up for 90 days but not REQUIRE 90 days of playing.

9 Likes

I actually really LOVE the mode… thats what makes this so frustrating, that they wrecked it with their typical crap.

And the fact that they got the players so excited for months hyping it up, and then immediately nerfed it is a huge kick in the teeth.

People were literally chompimg at the bit for this mode to come out , as excited as ive seen players for anything in a long time…

I mean , I’ve been playing since 2007, I know blizzards ways of doing stuff exactly like this bait n switch nerf, and even im pretty surprised at how hardcore they went out of their way to ruin it and suck out all the fun.

4 Likes

Yeah, I like the mode too. But the issues with the mode are incredible. Even just basic stuff, not including the scaling.

2 Likes

I’m ready to play the heck out of this mode if they tweak the scaling.

2 Likes

I think what the players expected and what blizzard planned were completely different

2 Likes

Interesting. Have you tried not standing in stuff? :stuck_out_tongue:

I feel like these are the people who didn’t read anything, watch anything or play the PTR before the event started. They just logged in one day to find the new event in their character select screen and had no preconceived ideas of how the event might unfold, which is probably the largest proportion of players. They are happy because they don’t know any better.

I went into it blind, and quite honestly I will love this game mode regardless because Pandaria is my favorite expansion by a flipping galaxy.
it could be horrible and I’d still enjoy it.
that being said, normal raids are about the only “easy” thing atm with scaling issues lol

It’s cool we have 95 days, but the event shouldn’t require 95 days of dedicated play to achieve what you want. This response is just as tone deaf as Blizzards decisions so far. Should we have everything after 3 days? No, of course not. But it should be better than this, and Blizzards responses so far haven’t inspired confidence that this won’t require a 90 day grind slog to get the rewards.

Just make it fun and rewarding Blizzard, that’s all the players want.

3 Likes

Buff bronze, fix scaling, gg tbh

1 Like

We all know it’s coming.
Just like plunderstorm.
It will be adjusted.

Base stats in 65-70 range increased
Cloak leveling speed increased
Bronze currency gains increased.
Gear upgrade cost reduced.
XP gained increased.
Proper alt cloak sharing.
Ring/neck/trink achieve sharing

You never get a second chance to make a first impression. That cliche just kept ringing through my head as I ever. so. slowly. leveled up. Finally gave up today at level 34.

I just have such a bitter taste in my mouth from trying over and over to have fun, only to realize this isn’t fun at all. Same feeling with Plunderstorm.

You know what, Blizz? If this is your attempt to keep me subscribed by dragging everything out, then why don’t you just put all the mogs on the store and let me give you the cash directly. This isn’t 20 years ago, and most of us have families and lives.

The saying is supposed to be “the carrot OR the stick”, not both.

8 Likes