Y'know what would make the end cinematic forgivable?

If it was a trick.

N’Zoth is a corrupter, a deceiver who works on people through whispers and promises and deception. What if (and this is pure conjecture and may not even be part of whatever Blizzard has planned) N’zoth didn’t die the way we think he did, that it’s all a shadow show, showing us what we want to see and believe rather than what actually is real.

The ending is weak - we agree with that - but what if the reason for that is so that we feel we are all-powerful, that we defeated and destroyed an Old God and can now get on with doing whatever is we are doing while he continues on with his plans?

Yes, I know I may be just blowing hot air and I may have overthought it or given Blizzard more justice than they deserve - but it would certainly fit in with all the whispers and false trails and misdirection that has been going on through BfA.

It may not happen in BfA…it may, and Ion himself may be giving us the Big Lie about no more content (corrupted of N’zoth, I can see it now) and it might carry on through into Shadowlands. Or I may be simply wanting it to be more because of an overall sense of dissatisfaction.

But it would certainly lift my mood if it were so…just a bit.

:upside_down_face:

10 Likes

Haha yeah, no

4 Likes

sorry, we need another 7 expansions of marysuevannas and her undead boobies flopping around. starcraft went the same way with kerrigan turning from a bug into space jesus for some obscure reason. i wouldnt get your hopes up with this company anymore.

10 Likes

If it was a situation like yogg or cthun where he was still imprisoned, but pretending to be defeated so we’d forget about him; then I would be ok with that. Problem is he’s broken out of his prison. A released old god should be the most dangerous entity we have ever faced - yet he isn’t. If anything this feels too easy to the point that having Sylvanas swoop in and save the day would have felt better than what we got. Atleast with Sylvanas we would have a reason why N’zoth got defeated because she wanted the power from his death. She’s also undead so is supposed to be beyond being corrupted by the old gods.

For pete sake, the other two old gods had more of an impact from their prisons than N’zoth did outside of his prison.

1 Like

um guys didn’t you get the memo that the REAL battle for azeroth takes place in the shadowlands where the mysterious jailer who has been the secret ultimate baddie the entire time lives???

I think you’ll find better story telling on the cartoon network.

People just don’t understand what they saw.

Nzoth just stole a metric blizzton of Azerite energy and Titan energy and ran off to the Shadowlands to rejoin his brothers, who have corrupted the Jailer and the Arbiter and have been building up to a ritual to use all those souls from the 4th war, plus the titan energy from Azeroth, to rip through the walls holding back the void and let it into our part of the multiverse.

Which might be a good thing, because without the void to help us the Light is going to keep spreading its authoritarian fascist wings and making everything be just like it or be destroyed.

3 Likes

They should’ve just said there will be multiple endings like The Good Ending, Bad Ending, True Ending etc like some other games do.

You know what else would make it forgivable… not caring so much about it and enjoying it for what it is. Our toons finally get the cinematic kill shot on an end villain.

1 Like

Putting aside the fact that the cinematic is a complete rip off from Lord of the Rings, I believe that we have to pair both videos together to see the picture here. While yes it does look like we killed N’zoth, we know he is still alive and well. This is shown from the Gift of N’zoth still being there, and other NPCs mentioning they still have theirs so he must still be alive, otherwise the Gift would have been gone after his death.

Xal’atath has been imprisoned inside the Blade of the Black Empire for ages, only to be released not too long ago, leaving the blade empty. Then the blade made its way into Azshara’s hands, because she wanted it to kill N’zoth, but failed. Wrathion ends up with it and in the video we see him stab N’zoth with the blade, but then he gets blasted away and lose the blade. Where did it go? Who knows! Next video we blast N’zoth with an azerite DBZ beam and he gets vaporized and the whole place crumbles.

I believe that N’zoth planned all this so that he could store part of himself inside the blade prison, most likely his consciousness, and then control his body from within the blade. Well, that’s if it was his real body, it’s possible it was a fake replica of himself, and that the real main body is inside the blade.

I wouldn’t be surprised if at some point in the future we see Xal’atath return and do a ritual to free N’zoth from the blade and in a new body similar to what happened to her.

1 Like

We just come back from the Shadowlands and the Black Empire has taken over while we were away XD

1 Like

Blizzard is not competent enough to write a story with any depth. N’zoth is dead, the Old Gods are gone, and they aren’t coming back.

3 Likes

theres only one thing to do that would help Blizzard at this point

I guess, if you enjoy 25 seconds of some Sauron- lookalike graphic to end 10 years of Old God history. Doesn’t work for me, but if it does for you and others, that’s cool. Its a big world with room for all sorts of opinions and levels of satisfaction.

1 Like

That was what I was thinking but I am loathe to give Blizzard that kind of credit, given the recent track record of HERE STORY. HERE MOAR STORY. HERE ENDING 4 YOU. NEW EXPANSION PRE PURCHASE AVAILABLE!

1 Like

Exactly…but it also has more than that before the jump cut with your character and I’m satisfied.

We just come back…and somehow Y’shaarj is back with the Black Empire gang going “sup homies”.

I was hopeing it was his plan to get himself a new body. Freeing himself from the Void lords to do whatever he wanted. Im sure he was sick to death being the other old gods punching bag with no choice in the matter. Wonder if he pulled an Overmind from Starcraft to free himself.

Him being an ally against the Void later down the road would be nice. I mean he kept saying only he can save us from whats to come. Our boy N’zoth deserved more then BFA.

I had kind of hoped the “real” ending was behind a mythic defeat instead of normal or lfr.

So much for that.

1 Like

Dont do it
Dont give me hope