Yet Another Post

Hey there, I’m gonna be annoying and be another poster about the whole cloning issue and whatever. However, I’m not gonna post demanding I want my character back. I’ve already given up hope about that and I didn’t lose much anyway.

One thing I do want to discuss is why Blizzard even went this route? People that were interested in and intending to play WotLK Classic would have followed this news and been made aware of the cloning service. Those who were taking a break from the game wouldn’t have(I know I know, we had over a year, blah blah blah).

I just feel like leaving character data on a WoW Classic era server makes more sense since the time on those characters is worth more there. I would have much rather missed the cloning to WotLK and level 1-80 in Wrath (if I was interested) than miss the cloning to Classic Era and have to level to 1-60 again if I ever decided to come back(nevermind getting geared again).

Just my two cents.

4 Likes

gib fresh plz

2 Likes

Of course I post with my dead HC mage, hahaha!

At least you’re self aware.
Have a free bump.

2 Likes

It costs money to store and maintain your character data. Why should Blizzard front that bill for players that may NEVER come back as they were ONLY and EXCLUSIVELY interested in Classic?

The real question is, why weren’t players responsible enough to keep track of their own character? Why do they suddenly care now after not caring for YEARS that the cloning service was available for?

2 Likes

Because we were playing TBC with our friends and shouldnt be punished due to Blizzard crummy predatory services.

1 Like

But they warned you prior to moving on TBC about the clones.

You are punished for your own error. Blizzard gave you years, multiple warnings, and even reduced the price by 66%. It isn’t Blizzard’s fault you chose not to clone.

1 Like

Because everybody has the time to make 10k posts and watch everything Blizzard.

1 Like

No, but did you also not have the time to take the 10 seconds it took to read the warning while transitioning your character to TBC? Did you also not have the 2 minutes it took to clone your character?

These are just excuses at this point.

How many WoW tokens are they paying you?

2 Likes

I buy them myself for $20, which is four times the price that the cloning service was.

Ah, and the irrelevant and completely innapropriate metaphor comes out because you have zero argument. At least you’ve showed quickly that this is a waste of time. Take care.

You just got rekt

Yup run away with your tail between your legs. Everybody knows your stick. Play the contrarian on every topic with long winded posts to make you look intellectual, but everybody with a functioning brain knows you’re just a pseud troll.

2 Likes

I think the discussion is why was the default to progress when people who would take a break to return to vanilla would be the ones who would miss the news. I think that’s a fair enough criticism. I get they did what would have happened organically in the original release but I also think that’s entirely missing the point of why Era would be a thing anyway. Opt INTO expansions not opt OUT OF expansions.

2 Likes

I also agree that tbc / wotlk are not classic and characters should have been transferred to those ‘progression’ servers and era should have been the default. If you cared about classic this was a decision that was upsetting from the very start of tbc.

However, like 95%+ of the community went to tbc and left era dead for years. To most people staying in classic was almost a non-discussion and even impossible to fathom. They went through that portal and didn’t look back for years.

Yet all you had to do was login and make a clone. If it wasn’t important to you then, oh well you missed out.

Two groups of people making threads about clones now:

1. gold sellers
  2. people with FOMO

Those who are passionate about classic made their clones.

1 Like

My retail characters haven’t been played for years and yet there they are, all stored away happily. Seems they are more than happy to store characters that may never be played again.
Next …

It’s a hobby, most folks don’t live and breathe this game. Stop with the guilt tripping already, it’s ridiculous.

1 Like

Except there are many other people playing on retail servers to cover the costs of character data and server maintenance. On Classic era, there was no guarantee that would be the case in the transition to TBC.

You have no idea how any of this works, do you? Classic and retail are not comparable. Try again.

1 Like

Blizzard keeps backup copies of literally everything; the price is already paid and unless they throw away valuable media that could later save their rear… they will still have it.

I remember when “Blizzard doeksnt have the vanilla data was the BS line they used”.

2 Likes

Citation needed. Blizzard has ONLY said that your character will be PERMANENTLY deleted if you fail to clone.

You… you have no idea how Classic was made, do you?

Billion dollar company btw. /laughing on my yacht with caviar with my pinky finger out telling the grunts to disrespect the customers time by deleting hard drive space.

:clown_face: a55 activision.

1 Like