Yet Another Post

Yes Invissa, companies are out to make money. This is not a secret and Blizzard has not kept this secret from you.

This still doesn’t excuse the fact that your failure to clone your character is your own error and no one else’s.

Actuall I do, it was made built on a 7.3 Legion client core that has been heavily modified. This was done because they are hell bent on using the existing server structure. The entire Database was OG vanilla and translated to the modern methodology because thr original Database is not compatible with the legion core.

AlsoThey had a running OG Vanilla Client and server running to compare behaviorto make sure the product was at least 80% the same, because they were in a hurry due to the work they created for thrm selves.

All that because they said the legion client is better and helps police the bots that they dont do enough about

1 Like

No you don’t if you think Blizzard lied about not having Vanilla data. You should probably at least do bare minimum research before making things up.

Are you this ignorant?

They even spell it out for; its literally published information. I know how data systems and backups work far better than most; you are 100% ignorant.

Link to original article

https://worldofwarcraft.blizzard.com/en-us/news/21881587/dev-watercooler-world-of-warcraft-classic

The first—and among the most important—decision we had to make was which version of the game to focus on. As many of you have noted, the classic period was two years long and full of changes. Core features like Battlegrounds were introduced in patches after WoW’s original launch, and class design similarly changed over time. After careful consideration, we decided on Patch 1.12: Drums of War as our foundation, because it represents the most complete version of the classic experience.

Once we had our starting point, we began taking stock of what we had in the source code and what we could make available, which included restoring the original development database from archival backups. After stitching various key pieces together, we had a locally rebuilt version of Patch 1.12 running internally. The team could create characters and do basic questing and leveling—and dying, which we did many times. For testing purposes. Obviously.

Our initial runs exposed a few (expected) issues: the game sometimes crashed, didn’t recognize our modern video cards, and was incompatible with our current login system. That first pass also couldn’t support any of our modern security and anti-cheating capabilities. Clearly we had a lot of work to do to make WoW Classic live up to the Blizzard standard of quality, and deliver the experience players want

You linked an article that proves my point correct. You really don’t read things before posting them, do you?

I actually think you may be delusional…
Blizzard 100% does not misplace their database.

They literally spell it out for you. When they said they are stitching things together; this was talking about building a version (on the old original client / server structure) that had never actually existed before. They built a mish-mash version that had certain content and certain class versions and mechanics.

The point being they USED ORIGINAL DATABASE to build it.

The part 2 or Second protontype was built on the modern server / client

1 Like

Clones were open for over 600 days. There is no guilt tripping, it is reality.

If you care about something dynamic you don’t ignore it for 600+ days assuming it will remain static, that’s nearing delusion.

1 Like

Well, we are getting fresh - in the form of hardcore fresh.

Yeah but hardcore playstyle isn’t for everyone

1 Like

I think they mentioned in passing the new ‘season of mastery’ release, by the end of this year, if I recall correctly?

My guess is it’s not going to be quite like season of mastery, but some sort of combination of a fresh and som servers.

I was fighting for my life at the time contrary to your assumption my guy. Totally my fault :man_facepalming:

Not really, my characters on retail haven’t been played for years, and yet, there they are safely tucked away. Why would annyone assume the Classic characters were to be treated differently when the company touted itself better than private servers because the biggest complaint, closure and resulting deletion.
This change came after many people went on break.

Is

Because you’re insinuating that the person didn’t care enough.
That’s ridiculous.

Your characters are safe on the blizzard vision of classic. Nothing was deleted, characters created on progression servers were never on era.

It is the first time in wow history that there is a somewhat static server - why would anyone assume that their toons would be placed there by default? Especially considering they had released tbc/wotlk…

Probably because no one told them otherwise so the default would be the correct assumption.

Yeah there was, they claim to have deleted the snapshot related to cloning. Or did that not happen?

Snapshot is not your toon, it was a limited time service. Your toon is still on the server which you created it on.

Anyone who turned on the game during those 600 days, listened to their announcements, or just thought about the logical implications of everyone being on tbc would have come to that unfortunate conclusion.

Ergo, if you can go over a year without accessing your classic toon or wondering where it went, it probably wasn’t important to you. Ignore something for a couple years and certain services will change, c’est la vie.

It’s where the data on my toon at that point in time was. We were told it was deleted. So yea, my characters were deleted. IDC that they were advanced elsewhere, I didn’t ask for that.

Then what, I’m undeserving?

Ah yes, I should feel guilty and undeserving. How on earth could I spend every day without thinking about this hobby. Shame shame shame.

I’m not sure how else to explain that the character you created is fine on a progression server. It was always on a progression server. To have it on the new ‘era’ servers, an action had to be taken within a certain amount of time.

I also have some toons I didn’t copy over, however, the benefits of reopening this service are very low compared to the massive gold influx that sellers will get from uncopied toons that were near full gold and tons of max level toons to bot with.

The best part of era is that the service was closed right before it became really popular again.

My friend was also fighting for his life and he still bought a clone. It took 2 minutes to do and only costed $5. You had years to do it.

Yeah but did he mention he’s a soldier?

Nah, from a logical viewpoint I disagree.

Firstly, they did it like they did in 2006/7. When BC came out the realms were automatically progressed to BC. Same thing happened this time around, but you had the option to keep your toon in vanilla or make a copy of it and have it in both places for a fee.

Secondly, when classic BC came out the majority of the community wanted to play bc BC and was tired of vanilla. So the made the logical decision of progressing the realms to BC were 80-90% of people wanted and ask the 10-20% who wanted vanilla to choose era or copy. Totally makes sense. Proof of that is the fact that Era was deadland zone for months after BC dropped.

I personally chose BC back in days as I was tired of vanilla. I’d like to have my toons in vanilla now, but unlike you kids I accept that I chose otherwise when I had the option and it’s 100% on me.

2 Likes