Yet Another M+ Discussion

I agree.

I also see, on a regular basis, people who are broke for… some reason? So they have not learned how to make gold in a sustainable fashion?

It blows my mind too; considering how gold practically rains from the sky. But I have my bruto and I’m sure you’ve got yours, too. And a lot of people don’t have one.

Johari Window

1 Like

Honestly, as someone very against key depletion, I really think this one is it. There are way too many variables to have keys be a 1 and done thing. But if you fail 3 times you are either EXTREMELY unlucky or thats on you.

2 Likes

Valid argument.

1 Like

Until the issue of bad/underperforming/incompetent players is addressed, there will be no “solution” to the issue of people leaving pug groups - people will just keep leaving said bad groups regardless (to save themselves the time/frustration/repair bills/etc). Without addressing the underlying root cause of the problem (bad players), nothing will ever change.

…this “HYPER laser-focus” from GD’ers on the symptoms (people leaving a random pug group) rather than the root-cause (bad/incompetent players) is amusing to watch though :joy: :popcorn:

1 Like

Have them all read:
Stop dying to M+ bosses; Maybe less people will leave your key - Community / General Discussion - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

and also stuff on their own class.

I think Asmon is a fool a lot of the time, but he said it well - when players get mad, they don’t think rationally, they just want the closest thing to them to be blown up.

Key leavers isn’t the real problem. The problem for most of GD is that they play DPS and it takes them a long time to find another group. They never want to list their key because they’re afraid it will be bricked. If more DPS could list their key without fear, it would solve the problem more effectively than trying to ban people from leaving keys.

2 Likes

I’d have a grace period, like 5 min or first boss down, just for situations like people going for a streets run and getting a gambit key or something, but I’d also take that grace period having only 3 times as well.

Might be a good idea for the vault key, but keys at the end of dungeons should be specific dungeons to avoid running the same one over and over just for vault.

I’d not revert them, but make it so the achievement requires the timed score of a certain level across all keys, like how it was in season 2. An untimed 12 is likely still worth more then a timed 4, and untimed 20+ are still going to be worth more then timed 15-. This is just to avoid situations like "my score is higher then player x as I have been doing higher keys yet because all mine are untimed, and theirs are timed, they got the acivement and I did not?

Another possibility is splitting the rules for depletion, up to 15 key does not deplete, 16 and up (where the ilvl is frozen at 15 for rewards) since it is based on skill more and more, the depletion happens, maybe as a way of telling certain players they are in over their heads.

1 Like

I got bamboozled just the other day. We stayed to attempt it anyway, but it was a rip key in the end.

I’d be open to that too.

As someone who has purposely depleted HUNDREDS of people’s keys simply because I can due to Blizzards game design, they should either make it so keys don’t deplete or punish leavers.

1 Like

You say it, but I don’t believe it.

Believe what want, I’ll continue to ruin keys until Blizzard fixes this broken garbage.

This one time at band camp…

He might be in the very slim minority and/or exaggerating, but the idea that such people exist is valid.

Think of it like this, the ones who deal with leavers or key killers to the degree of some are dealing with people like him a majority of the time, where as the ones who see little to no issue deal with one like him little if at all.

Oh I agree. Im sure people like him exist even if exaggerated. I don’t think I would run into someone like him, probably due to the level of keys he is doing it to.

Mythic+ is garbage so outside of KSM there is no reason to do it. Once I get KSM on my druid main tanking and I get the score, I spend the rest of the season joining random pugs just to brick keys because that’s all that’s left for me to do thanks to blizzards terrible design, again I don’t care if some literal who doesn’t believe me Blizzard has the data of what I have been doing since BFA and has yet to do anything about it.

I mean you are the one person who ruins it for every one else. You basically look for ways, maliciously, to make a non-issue/minor-issue into an issue.

Nope, I simply choose to play the game a different way that is enjoyable to me at the expense of everyone else, not my problem everything I choose to do doesn’t break ToS(I’ve been reported many times) and is also well within the games mechanics to do. If Blizzard didn’t intend for me to do this they would not have designed it this way.

Good for you buddy :+1:

maybe instead if no one died then key doesn’t deplete. but as soon as someone dies then key can deplete because most wipes happen due to people not interrupting casts wiping people.