Yet another guild bank post

I see we are still debating whether or not it’s literally called a guild bank

1 Like

Well I guess that puts us back to it might or might not be on the table since the demo was short lived and only a tiny slice of the whole game was available.

If Starman’s source is to be believed, back in 2006 Tom Chilton referred to them as mule alts.

1 Like

I don’t agree with you, but that first image is hilarious.

1 Like

There were so many choices. That one says it all.

2 Likes

Lol it actually does. It’s THEIR game.

It is Blizzard’s game.

It is not “the GM who decided to ignore company policy and do what they want” 's game.

2 Likes

Umm no?
They would check the guild bank if the guild had one first. I mean that’s what most people do in current. If the guild bank does not have it THEN they ask.

Without said guild bank they have to ask 100% of the time if they are looking for a donation from their guild rather than just mindlessly checking the guild bank.

I actually mentioned the tailoring well beforehand. Just noting.

I am not entirely convinced. Maybe so if the guild bank cost was ludicrously high yes. Then yes you are right. But at the base cost like now with 100G it’d likely be cheaper to have an alt with a guild bank. So yes there are workarounds for this I’ll admit.

Could not agree more.

Holy dang I actually remember that term, mule alt.

Who…works for Blizzard.

The GM who decides to ignore company policy, overstep their authority and do what they want.

True. Blizzard does own the game. However, if everything is going to be decided at the discretion of whatever poor schmo that happens to get stuck with a complaint, then the lauded security aspect that the guild banks are supposed to provide means nothing because Blizzard can just go “What’s that? Your guild bank got robbed? So what. It’s our game and we’ll do whatever we damn well please. Plus I don’t feel like dealing with your nickle and dime guild bank garbage. Now sod off and thank you for playing World of Warcraft.”

Once again I point out that Blizzard’s OWN WEB SITE says they’re reimburse which you always ignore, and also, you’re not a Blizzard employee so you’re talking out of your rear end.

How did this thread reach 800 posts? My memory of guild banks was that it was a place for people to dump useless crap that they didn’t want, and it would pile up until someone finally got bored enough to do the tedious task of sorting through it and cleaning it out. It’s only real use was storing raid mats, which could just as easily be done by an officer, IMO.

This is only 1 of them. The old forum had multiple ones reach the 500 cap. There is another mega thread, and one from the anti-gbank pov.
Until recently it was contained in one mega thread but here we are. Lol.

You have no idea what you’re even saying at this point.

1 Like

I do. It’s like being a parent. “This is my house”. Azeroth is Blizzard’s house.

Correct.

Now, in your scenario the agents that have done something about loot being “stolen” or “ninjaed” are the equivalent to babysitters that - despite the parents’ rules - decided to let the kid have candy before bed.

Just because a few babysitters have broken that rule, that doesn’t mean the rules of the house are now “have candy whenever the frack you want”

I’m glad we can agree.

1 Like

We don’t agree, but thanks for playing.

The reason I am against waiting is blizzard said they don’t want to maintain two mmo, which means they likely won’t add anything after it’s launch.

1 Like