Yes, we're sill salty about the Brutosaur

Imagine the feeling of joining this game during the last patch of wrath lol

1 Like

I played when it was current and available for 5 million gold. I didn’t care then, I care even less now. It’s a matter of personal perspective instead of being an actual problem.

That’s a bummer that you missed it, and now maybe cannot get it.

I wasn’t going to buy it, as I thought it was a huge waste of gold.

And I wanted it to be a little bit bigger, and more absurd looking, on all my Tauren. It’s almooost big enough.

However, I use it probably every day, and it was definitely gold well spent. This is a relative term, of course, as 5 MM gold is still, quite a lot of gold.

I think though, they were super-clear it was a limited time deal, and while you missed it (again, sorry), there are things that I have missed but would have liked to have had.

I think it is the missing of things which makes those things special. Like, maybe I’m not going to ever be “good enough” to get Fel Werebear Druid form, but if everyone had it, it really wouldn’t be that cool at all to me. I like that I DO have Hulk Bear Druid form, and that not everyone else does.

Just my $.02

Wow, this is a slap in the face for all brutosaurs and brutosaur lovers alike. :sauropod:

1 Like

idc about a darn brontosaur i want a darn trex mount

There is an extremely distinct difference between being upfront about its removal, and not announcing its removal until a 3rd party (wowhead) datamined its removal and called Blizzard out on it right before the last patch was released.

If Blizzard had stated upfront at expansion start that they planned on removing it at the end of the expansion, we may be singing a different tune.

Instead, they waited until a 3rd party website called them out right before the final patch, and Blizz ended up saying “yup, we’re removing it from the vendor and sticking it on the BMAH.”

Which, yeah, I guess it’s available on the BMAH to an extent, except it hasn’t been on a US realm since July 14th, and supposedly it’s available in the degenerate gambling loot boxes…boxes that go for 300k MINIMUM and contain who-knows-how low of a drop rate.

How many gold-sink mounts were in BFA alone? You have the three frogs that were 333k each, a 500k direhorn from the same vendor that had the Bruto (along with a 100k pet).

That alone is 1.5 mil in other mounts…ones I can think of off the top of my head. Mounts that people may’ve dumped their gold into before wowhead called out Blizzard on their removal BS.

Do you see the overarching problem?

3 Likes

YOU are choosing to make it unreasonable. That’s your choice and it’s ok but it IS available, you just don’t like the method it’s available.

If it is such a “MASSIVE” advantage then you should be MASSIVELY motivated to get the one that is available how it’s available. They could have removed it completely as you said, they didn’t.

Im not at all it was mad ugly then and still mad ugly now imho.

Not if you are in the middle of a raid, dungeon, or battleground outdoors, or in a city or outdoor zone that doesn’t have a portal or auction house.

Yes, hearthstones are a thing, but they have a CD and don’t transport you back to where you were originally.

Yes, the mailbox toy is a thing if you have another toon parked at an AH, but the mailbox toy has a long CD, and sometimes it helps to have a certain toon posting or buying items.

5 million gold was totally worth it for me personally. It was a convenience and quality of life boost that I can make use of on any toon without a CD, for as long as I play WoW.

It ranks up there with the Katy Stampwhistle toy and transmog mount, and I hope someday another AH mount is introduced for the people that missed out.

The real reason was probably FOMO to get people to buy massive amounts of WoW tokens for gold. (Without the Bruto mount going away, players would have told themselves they would save up over time and buy it sometime in the future.)

The Shadowlands gear gatekeeping issue really did help me to realize that giving players the urge to buy WoW tokens is a core design philosophy of the current devs.

Note how the MoP reforge/transmog mount was never removed, and actually became more accessible over time.

1 Like

For those interested in the BMAH subject itself, here’s a shameless plug:

That was my exact plan. However, Blizzard explicitly stated the reason they were removing the MCB was because they did not want to see an auction house mount become common.

1 Like

It’s great that Blizzard agrees that the AH functionality on that mount is considered to be of great benefit for some players.

Also it not being common is understandable but even so the number of people that can actually buy this mount still remains very small percentage.

It would’ve been great if Blizzard left the mount in game letting players who want to work towards this huge milestone or 5m gold in their own time.

1 Like

While I completely and absolutely agree with you on the motivation part (I’ve already got my own, so this isn’t about me), I personally believe they should remove the gold cap for items on BMAH and make it absolute wild west.

These chinese companies who come and snipe/instantly gold cap items are pretty cheeze.

1 Like

I don’t want them to make the Mighty Caravan Brutosaur available again. It ran its time and fit the theme for BFA.

However.

I would like them to add a new auction house mount to the game in the style/keeping of Shadowlands.

That is also a very Valid Option.

But the mount is still available on the BMAH just has a insanely low drop rate, its been over 7 months since it was last seen on any US realms so if they just fix that much also would suffice.

I hate it when people delete their posts before I had a chance to see what they wrote. It’s like a story without an ending. The Lady or the Tiger? We’ll never know…

Yeah, i mean still 2023 and the feeling is the same. Sometimes i do think at stop playing the game since the biggest realization imo is having a bruto, and i just cant and never had a chance on getting one bc i started playing almost in shadowlands pre patch, so not a chance or idea on how to get one, and also no time since it was removed. And it just get better since you know it was removed on the loot table for a long time on the bmah. Its just discouraging at this point, why this would be unobtainable to cause virtual scarcity? I know we need to be fair at the people that have it, but why not back on a vendor for goldcap? Lots of people dropping it or buying a token, this would be a huge gold sink in the game, and maybe even some people would be back at the game. Bad moves on Blizzard about that one

2 Likes

But you still have a chance on getting one

I’m hoping they’ll put one of the other models (without an AH) on the Trading Post. I feel like that would get a LOT of participation from folks.

Its ridiculous, vendor buyable mount should never have been removed. It should be put back.

1 Like