Yes, we're sill salty about the Brutosaur

Hi, first off I’d just like to say I’m not trying to be mean or discourage anyone at Blizzard I just want to explain my frustrations as an active and relatively new player. The Reins of the Mighty Caravan Brutosaur has been such a thorn in my side ever since getting a better understanding of how the game works. I’ve been playing since 8.3 (same patch it was removed I believe) so I had no chance at being able to get this mount before it was removed, and I know it wasn’t technically removed from the game but the means of acquiring it from the Black market are very unreasonable, not only with the unopened containers not being available everyday but also the fact they are highly contested and sell for a large amounts of gold meaning you need to be on the gold grind constantly, it feels like you’d have to grinding that consistently for years even decades, when two years ago people were just buying it on a vendor. I don’t want my gameplay to be just grinding gold for rolls on the Brutosaur but here I am. I’ve explored for reasons as to why it was removed online and came to the conclusion that it’s either because you guys think it’s too over powered or you don’t want capital cities appearing uninhabited, I see the reasoning why you wouldn’t want these outcomes but in turn you’ve punished every new player and existing player who wasn’t able to grind 5 million gold during one patch of BFA. I’d like to say that I don’t think mounts being removed from the game is necessarily a bad thing with KSM, pvp, etc. mounts only being obtainable in a season but, they are purely cosmetic and don’t have any unique functions. Lastly, I just wanted to say of my 2ish years of playing the game now I haven’t had much luck on finding groups to do higher end game content and wanted to get in to legendary crafting as a form of gameplay but, the advantage veteran players with a Brutosaur get is MASSIVE, being able to check and relist auctions on the fly is a giant quality of life improvement and puts me at an incredible disadvantage. I really hope that you guys take this feedback in to consideration and come up with a better solution for players who don’t have a Brutosaur because the number of players that do is only going to get smaller. Thank you for hearing me and out and have a nice day.

30 Likes

Sorry to say, your feedback is gonna fall on deaf ears here on the CS forums. The Brutosaur removal is a developer issue, and the devs do not come to the CS forums for player feedback.

Best post on General Discussion, and I might recommend paragraph breaks to make it easier to read.

oh dang… we are here on GD.

12 Likes

If you have a active sub, it would be better to edit your post and move it to the General Discussion forum, before moderation has to. CS really does not make game play choices.

Might I also suggest page sentences, for easier reading.

If you have no subscribe, you can still log into the game on a veteran basis, and still submit suggestions. I feel the dev team has already presented their case for making this a legacy mount though.

Oh, look, already there.

1 Like

make a bank alt. send all your stuff from all your toons to that alt. sell stuff on that. the longboi was mostly for flexing. most people who are serious about making gold (and have 987459847983475 things across their accounts to sell) shove it all on one toon.

2 Likes

I’m in the camp that wants to see a limited-time 10m gold Mighty Caravan Hypersaur.

A flying Brutosaur with jet packs, a barber-shop, and a mailbox on its butt.

17 Likes

I’m not salty at all.

You can be salty all you want, but don’t lump the rest of us in with you.

7 Likes

Ok, who stole OP’s enter key…?

:face_with_monocle:

15 Likes

The rest of us are salty. Don’t lump you in with everybody.

8 Likes

I’m not salty about it.

That was me, I knocked it off the keyboard like a glass from the counter. MEOW MEOW.

3 Likes

neither am i. i found it super ugly (personal opinion) and a bank alt is free and more convenient. :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

I don’t care about the mount I care that they’re not easing Auction House restrictions late in an expansion.

It’s a first world problem but I’m sick of going to stormwind to sell things

2 Likes

Having an Auction House mount would be cool, but I’d just be happy with another brutosaur model without the AH etc.

4 Likes
15 Likes

I’m a long time player, not an AH player and just don’t see how massive an advantage I don’t have without the mount. Of course I know that if you’re forgetful and don’t have pots for a raid and your an engineer, it makes last min purchases easier. But beyond that, it doesn’t cripple me to not have one.

1 Like

A veteran player had their Bruto stomp on the keyboard. Stomp! stomp! stomp! Now I have DOUBLE advantage over da nooooobs!!! :joy:

Blame it on the Bruto’s haha… :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

For the love of my eyes.
Paragraphs

7 Likes

I thought it was removed when Shadowlands pre-patch hit? I am almost positive it wasn’t removed in 8.3

Also it’s not completely gone from the game OP, it’s been seen on the Black Market AH recently.

1 Like

They haven’t punished anyone, and most of us weren’t even working toward buying it in the first place.

And it’s striking that the language and vocabulary you employ mirrors that of certain other players who have spammed the forum with threads and replies regarding “removed content.”

2 Likes

Yikes. I can’t even fathom feeling so upset about a 5 million gold luxury mount that required you to already be very good at gold farming and AH flipping/sniping before you could even have it.

Hope you’re able to get over it somehow. Maybe become an engineer so you can easily port to the newest home for the engi-only AH.