Yes, The Token is Pay to Win

But it requires someone else to spend on making the legendary. Without that, all that wow gold is useless

Yeah pay to skip is more fitting

And in a game based on character progression, paying to skip the core of the game could be considered P2W

2 Likes

The whole game has been changed to support the token system and to get players to buy them.

Gold making in the game has been brought to a bare minimum with RNG, Garrison nerfs, and current game mechanics.

Over priced in game vendor mounts, Also putting unattainable mounts and gear mounts in the game that only elite guilds can get to, also legendries crap are stupid and ridiculously priced on auction house, They killed the guild system, but support arena play and worlds first in turn they use the winners to get the paid carries Rollin for token sales. Yup they are milking the player no doubt with sub fees, token sales, paying for expansions, and supporting guild carries. Opps forgot game store also…

I am sure there will be more coming in the future.

1 Like

Buying gold from wow to pay a team to run you through X to get Y sounds like P2W with extra steps…

Whats scummy about it is, they are using other players to make their sales.

3 Likes

I have an idea,

Let’s add a booster market place to the store so players can spend money and blizzard get a direct cut… Would clean up LFG and LFR pretty well.

For some, denial really IS a river in Egypt.

2 Likes

Super easy. Takes what … a week or 2 maybe to get 220 in all slots besides trinks.

Yea not that difficult.

And if people are wasting their time on korthia … I can guarantee you that they are wasting their time in mythics for gear as well.

This whole pay to win argument is ridiculous.

The killed the AH they killed professions.

Alchemy, enchanting, and cooking are the one people care about.

Legendaries this expansion was a spit in the face of professions.

2 Likes

I’m sorry are we playing BFA still???
Easy 2k daily from emissary only. Not to mention everything else the zones throw at you.
Plenty of mats to sell on the AH.
The legendary system ??? I bet you complain about that and how professions mean little yet hindered yourself by not taking said professions.

But gold making has been brought to a bare bottom with RNG according to you.

You keep telling yourself that. I’ll laugh in the meantime at your expense.

And I can still buy some tokens and a full heroic clear in a few hours and get well above 220 which is a significantly less amount of time.

Then that is your choice and your choice only.

The P2W crowd likes to dabble in conspiracy theories. As if ActiBlizz is eating dinner with the groups doing carry runs and having a meeting on how they can profit off this.

No the Carry and boosters is a community problem. The only thing I recommend blizzard doing is putting a foot down in letting it happen for pvp. I could care less about PVE. PVE isn’t hurting anybody.

your single full heroic clear wont get you “well above 220”, not mentioning that it will cost you like 400$ in tokens.

How much gold are heroic clears going for at the moment anyway?

I’m not interested in buying one, just curious for context.

No, the white zone is for loading of passengers and there is no stopping in a RED zone.

1 Like

well the guy in other topic claimed it was 20 tokens for full heroic clear, not that I bothered actually checking it tbf.

Says who? You?
Plenty of mobile games have cash shops that allow you to buy things in game that otherwise would take months to get, according to you that is not pay to win, which is hilarious because in these games the people ranked highest are the ones that have spent thousands.
But they didn’t pay to win… RIGHT…

1 Like

Pointless trying to explain to some of these people, they make their own definition of what “win” is instead of using the generally accepted meaning which is an advantage.

“Well, that player can take a year and do this and that and this. The fact I can do it in 5 minutes doesn’t mean i am paying to win since they can do it in a year or two”

^^Every “not pay to win”ers logic.

1 Like

Just blatantly false dude.

Take two players, of relatively equal skill level, same class, hit 60 at the exact same time.

Both people want to start gearing, one player begins his campaign quest, tries queing for a dungeon, or hops into Korthia.

The other player immediately messages one of the dozens of boosters in trade and buys five +15 runs. In a few hours this guy has roughly 8-10 pieces of 236 ilvl loot (accounting for same slot drops). This guy is now geared enough to get into mid range mythic+ keys on his own and raid pugs where they can snow ball their gearing even harder.

In the same amount of the time other guy who didn’t buy boosts maybe got a piece of gear from the mythic 0 they ran or is slogging through their campaign still collecting sub 200ilvl loot.

Like what is the argument here? Buying boosts 100% gives you advantage of other players because it allows to to obtain rewards from content you otherwise couldn’t or wouldn’t do at a much faster pace than the average player and the token system allows you to fund those boosts indefinitely.

1 Like

This has been my argument. What is “winning” in WoW? Is it getting AOTC or CE? Is it getting 1800, 2100, or 2400 in arena/RBGs? Is it getting KSM or all +20s in time for portals? Is it getting max item level or even max level? Is it getting rare mounts or transmog?

I ask this because everything above can be purchased with gold. And gold can be purchased with real money.

1 Like