Yes, The Token is Pay to Win

Token is garbage and is Pay to Win, change my mind.

135 Likes

Can’t change what isn’t there

69 Likes

Your mind can’t be changed, you are not open minded.

21 Likes

Pay to win is using real money to buy items on a cash shop NOT AVAILABLE THROUGH REGULAR GAMEPLAY to gain a permanent advantage over other players.

Buying a boost will skip you through some gear that everyone else has a chance to get, for one patch and it’s obsolete next patch.

Proved you wrong.

Moving on.

45 Likes

“An exception to the rule is that if an item/advantage can be obtained in-game but the acquisition time is unreasonably long, that can also be considered Pay to Win.”

From your same precious “Urban Dictionary” website.

38 Likes

Except… all gear has to be provided by someone who didn’t spend money.

So it’s literally impossible to spend money to acquire items in WoW faster then is possible without money, destroying that definition you just linked.

You guys are arguing the wrong thing. It doesn’t matter whether the token is pay to win or not. It doesn’t matter if the game is to pay to win or not.

Why not Kar? Because if the game is fun you’ll play it. And if the game is not fun you’ll play something else. As a casual with a day job I enjoy buying my one token a year so I don’t have to do dailies, farm gold, or do quests. I log in for M+ or raid and then log out for most of BFA and SL.

2 Likes

ROFLMAO no person with half a brain uses Urban dictionary. :rofl:

2 Likes

So let’s say I spend I buy a boost we’ll say it’s 250k cuz I don’t know I’ve never bought one so I can buy a token for $20 and we’ll say it sells for 170k so bye by two tokens I’ve essentially bought a piece of gear for $40 if I buy three tokens I essentially bought two pieces of gear for $60 am I paying money to get gear which gives me advantage over other players that didn’t oh yes I am proved you wrong

12 Likes

So lets define unreasonably long. Someone gets the drop first run of said dungeon/raid…that unreasonably long?

1 Like

Care to point me to a “real definition” of Pay to Win than?

4 Likes

Ofc it’s pay to win. If selling gold wasn’t harmful to game and economy - every single online game wouldn’t prohibit it.

It’s insaney hypocritical from activision to ban goldsellers just to sell gold themself

28 Likes

No you didn’t. You literally proved my second statement. :rofl:

The amount of poor comments and lack of logic in these threads is mind boggling.

Another one to mute! Have fun being wrong! :wave:

5 Likes

Yes is pay to win

i pay 180k gold and i win 42 brazilian Reais

so gooood man

I just hit 60, my ilvl is about 145-150, I can either spend a LOT of time gearing up so I can do heroics, gearing up so I can do M+/raids, joining a guild, working my way towards being able to down Heroic bosses, literally weeks and weeks to get to that point. Spend more weeks clearing until we have 10/10 on farm, and then more weeks clearing it to get all the drops I want. Or I can just drop a few hundred dollars on tokens and get a full 10/10 Heroic SoD carry where they hand me all the loot for my class that drops. There’s a VERY LARGE time difference between the two.

22 Likes

My only contest with this is arena. Buying boosts in arena gives people time sensitive rewards like transmog and such intended to be trophies and completely undermines the point behind a competitive ladder.

If I buy a boost, as an example, and I achieve my time sensitive rewards, that means someone did not get theirs because in order for me to have successfully gotten such rewards, I had to beat other people for it. This means that it is pay-to-win because someone is paying to be boosted for time sensitive, never-to-be-seen again trophies.

That’s my major complaint involving boosting in the current game though. Don’t care about PvE.

7 Likes

People who buy mythic+ carries to ksm and weekly carries to max out their vault are getting gear sold to them by someone else who “provided” it? In what universe is the vault gear “provided” by someone else who earned it and sold it to you?

A full heroic clear costs 20 tokens, your weekly cap. People who want to spend that much weekly PLUS mythic+ are just going to find someone to take their cash. And they will find them.

I mean truth be told selling in game gold isn’t banned only because it impacts a games economy. The tax implications or the threat of being accused of laundering money are bigger concerns for companies.

But yeah I guess for the goblins in the game my token purchases are bad.

1 Like

In the universe that it requires other people that are overgeared for the content so they can carry you.

If they didn’t already have the gear - carries would be impossible.

It’s why you don’t see carries being offered in the first week of a brand new expansion’s season.

1 Like

OR could easily get Korthia gear, then do M+'s and its the same, and much quicker. Seems you just took the long path to make a point that isn’t applicable