Yes... Deroz probably disagrees with you

I never said it was. That was in no way the point.

If those are the talents you’re using in m+, I imagine there’s quite a few other reasons you’re being beaten in damage.

Hey, exactly what I was talking about.

If one thing is widely considered the best, which will always be the case, more people will take it. Regardless of how small the margin is.

If they did identical damage increases on the base spec, the one that was more versatile or widely applicable would be called the best and see the most use.

If you were ever even remotely under the impression one would not be considered “the best” you were deluding yourself.

3 Likes

Begging for nerfs is so negative and is just an all around crappy way to participate in the community

5 Likes

Then you should advocate positive change for the covenant ability of your choosing, using your critical perspective of Condemn as a justification for the buff.

See: Conqueror's banner change thread - #35 by Dunklad-thrall

2 Likes

Well, he brought it on himself.

Boys, we can consider this case pwned

2 Likes

Condemn warriors still struggle to top me on single target playing kyrian. My execute is still around 35-40% of my damage with the massacre talent. And aoe there is no question what’s coming out on top.

2 Likes

aye, it really isnt that powerful tbh, kinda nice to use it at the start of a fight though, which seems to be the only reason it outperforms others on ST, if anything it needs a buff lmao, atleast the dmg portion of it, but id rather we had more meaningful buttons

They could make slam work like mortal strike with OP procs, execute twice makes ur next slam deal 3x dmg or somethin.

But I dont really know what else they could do, I chose venthyr for ST because ill be raiding, and I hate M+, and the last thing I needed was another damn button to press.

Thorfjin, you are arguing apples to oranges.

each covenant ability is going to be better in different areas. Yes you choose a covenant with a cooldown ability. A EXTRA ability. Condemn is an ability that replaces our ability and will almost spec lock the warrior choosing it for talents. Condemns damage is good because we can use it in the upper part but for a reduced dps but shadow damage. Hence we need rage to use it. That leaves us choosing between mortal strike and condemn while with your cooldown and conduits that lower the cooldown, you just pop and go ham on the target.

I am a casual player and choose condemn for the play style. My argument for the choice is my ability will be up for mostly every fight I encounter. Now lets look at venthyr’s second ability. Not that great compared to the other ones especially Kyrians. Trade offs.

Be happy we can do make our characters unique and play what you enjoy. Saying that yes lots of warriors are condemn spec right now but when gear comes out and pack pulls become a bit longer and harder than other covenants may pull ahead of our single target damage.

Be happy we have choices! and we dont have to rely on RNG!.
Condemn is a spec that is more constant dps, no relying on cooldowns and that is the play style I like.

It’s nice to see someone who is at least honest with reality. It’s numbers, they are too big despite them being our class of choice. Most people are greedy and don’t want this touched to be in line with other class abilities. It’s a sad but true reality, the greed of humans.

All that being said, I went Night Fae because I actually didn’t enjoy condemn. Just kinda felt and looked like a stronger execute where as the Night Fae ability is different and kinda fun for me. It adds a different dimension to the warrior class in the sense of magic so I am enjoying it…AND I love nature so I picked Night Fae.

2 Likes

If he really was, he’d know he was playing sub optimally. What a joke.

1 Like

Kyrian/night fae are stupid covenants theme wise for a warrior.

2 Likes

I don’t understand people that want a class they play, nerfed.

3 Likes

Condem has never been 35-45% of my damage as fury.

Im pretty sure its never been more than 21% of my damage as fury.

For one thing it has a 6s cd, even with the proc allowing you to use it regardless of cd, i do not think its mathematically possible for it to be 40% of your damage as fury.

1 Like

Sigh. Maybe instead suggest the others get buffed.

2 Likes

Venthyr isn’t overpowered, though? It’s a notable loss to AoE for Arms and across both specs is really merely competitive with Kyrian and Night Fae, edging out either in some fights and losing to them in others.

The only outlier here is Necrolords, which objectively needs slight buffs and/or functionality improvements, as it requires more coordination and is least flexible, but even when optimized does not remotely perform above the others.

1 Like

Condemn arms isn’t exactly lighting up the dps charts…

The problem I have with this post is that it’s purely selfish. You want Condemn nerfed simply because you’re “a huge Night Fae fan” (your words) and can’t bear the idea of another covenant ability performing better. If it was reversed, we wouldn’t even be here right now … guaranteed.

You’re also failing to acknowledge the reality of the situation of nerfing covenants the day raid comes out and mythic+ season starts. Most people have chosen their covenant, not just warriors, but every class. If Blizzard threw the nerf hammer down now, it would just be really really bad, for everyone. Because what would actually happen is everyone would be forced to reroll (whether you agree with them doing so or not, this WILL happen) and then the forums will be flooded with “Night Fae covenant is TOO STRONG!! NERF NIGHT FAE!!!” posts. But hey at least you’ll be happy, right?

Last, I guarantee you are not doing content in which choosing Night Fae over Venthyr will matter … I mean, unless you’re in the Race to world first (or hall of fame) or pushing keys above +20. So, play Night Fae if you like it. If you know your class, know the fights and know proper cooldown usage, you’ll do just fine on those meters.

6 Likes

Condemn is execute. Execute was already a big portion of damage. Everyone is now running all the talents for execute (Proc talent and massacre). Run a sim with just execute and those talents and I bet the damage difference is close.

If you wanted to run the most damage one you should have chosen it, Instead of choosing the ones with utility and rage generation.

2 Likes

Hahaha someone’s whining cause they chose the wrong covenant.

1 Like

That’s not true at all.
Kyrian is almost literally ancient Greek and Roman version of the afterlife. Night Fae has a bit of viking eternal hunt vibe going on. Maldraxxus is just utter chaos. Venthyr is … um, vampires torturing people?

2 Likes

I never noticed that, but I dont think those are the themes unless you’re really reaching for it.