Yep tanks were the problem

I was lucky enough to have found an old-school-oriented guild back in Cataclysm, which allowed me to enjoy that classic raiding environment. Another cool thing my old guild did was run practice arena fights, have class mentors, and engage in World PvP. The most fun memories I have are of raiding faction capitals and doing random battlegrounds, but nothing compares to the fun I had in Wintergrasp. Sadly, World PvP is practically dead now, with everything being phased. Funny enough, when I first started playing, I wasn’t interested in PvP—I never even flagged myself for it.

But one day, I was questing in Tarren Mill, and when I returned, it was a ghost town—every NPC had been killed. Not a single lower-level player was touched, but the NPCs were wiped out. The town had been taken over by the Alliance. Soon after, a guild of Horde players came over to liberate our town. This was my first experience with PvP, and it made me, someone who had never PvPed before, want to take up the banner of watching over this town when I reached a higher level—and that’s exactly what I did. I was filled with faction pride at that moment, watching and talking with the guild members who came to help. Lok’tar Ogar!

But nowadays, War Mode phases you away from being able to see or take part in that kind of experience. If I hadn’t stumbled into PvP like I did back then, But now I might never have started PvPing in today’s system because I wouldn’t have seen those kinds of events.

By the way, I have a whole post I made about guilds titled Revitalizing Guilds in World of Warcraft, and I’m bringing back my old guild that I leveled to max and worked really hard on to unlock everything it has. My goal is to recreate that same atmosphere of camaraderie and loyalty in the guild. It’s tough to bring a guild back when I can’t find any old-school players or even like-minded new members.