Yep M+ ruined this game and the community

Let’s face the community in the game hasn’t existed for a long time and players are just awful to each other any more.

1 Like

Mythic + was the only thing that kept me playing as long as i did. Get a regular team, its fun.

3 Likes

Endgame ISN’T pug content. 15s aren’t endgame though.

1 Like

Not really. Sure there we toxic people back then, but gamers in general have gotten worse every year. I call it the X-Box generation. It moved gaming from a nerd thing (generally good people) to a teenage boy+ thing (generally smelly neanderthals)

4 Likes

No, the door is that way. :point_right:t5:

1 Like

I’ve heard this about at least 1000 things by now.

1 Like

Thank you for showing me where it is. I appreciate you being helpful.

:relieved:

1 Like

Strongly disagree. For one, the game is dying, and hardly enough people even in the pug community to rely on let alone a committed group, and second, I have long-term bonds within the game but we do not play at the same levels, so I need to be able to find pugs to help me with my goals rather than get frustrated with longtime friends or having them be frustrated with me when playstyles don’t line up. I feel that M+ is one of the few things holding many to the game right now, myself included. Totally get if it’s not someone’s cup of tea, but please don’t remove it.

3 Likes

I just do it for the cosmetic rewards but even lately that as gotten me to not care for the third time so far. Can’t see how anyone could live in keys wiping over just to practice pulls. Sure I don’t like failing but there comes a cost/reward ratio I don’t want to cross unless the reward is permanent and actually tangible for my skill level.

Like for azeroth’s champion. Got 10/11 essences. Just needed (or actually should have listened more to others) to have practiced on a healer spec for arena and it would have be a done deal (or boost as many others did). Like I’ve done 17/18s in prior seasons with just a 2-4 keys a week, so investing more time could get me good 20s by end. But all 25s, nah. Would prefer to nap, watch shows or learn up more of a foreign language to chat on tinder (boredom).

Millions already did. How do you like it?

probably the game they loved died.

4 Likes

I don’t do M+ lmao, if your feedback is like " Insert X will kill wow" then it is a wow is dying spam thread all over again :rofl:

You know I’m not a religious man but I sometimes think about “The Book of all Knowledge” in heaven (something I made up) where you can get an answer to any question you have about anything that has taken place on Earth.
‘How many times have people said this is what will kill wow guaranteed’ would certainly be on my list of things to ask :laughing:

Lets take “Failing Video Game ideas” for $400 Levar.

remember the golden forum rule folks: if a person is complaining about content and hiding the character they’re currently playing thru that content with, then they are terrible at the game and know it but just want some disingenuous reinforcement anyways because they have nothing going for them.

just say ‘git gud’ and move on to the next post

5 Likes

No it won’t. Blizzard’s unbridled hubris is going to be what kills the game. M+ is a very small concern. Their insistence on cutting anything fun from the game because “muh vision” and refusal to interact with any fans that are doing anything short of worshipping the ground they walk on are far more damaging to them as a company.

TBH we should have seen it coming with 8.3, it was hidden in plain sight. Visions were going to be all that mattered.

1 Like

Mythic Plus was a great addition to the in Legion but it’s definitely had a negative impact on the social fabric of the game. Much like Raiding going from 40 to 25 to 10 harmed Guild relationships before that. It’s something that was bound to happen in the modern gaming world but I don’t think Blizz thought through the ramifications.

My biggest gripes with M+ are the lack of new content throughout an x-pac and how a 5 man team doesn’t really work for end game when there are 36 specs.

We get the same dungeons throughout with the Mega Dungeon adding 2 more later on. That would be like only having one Raid to run for 2 years. Affixes and Seasonal additions don’t change it enough. We need new Dungeons each major patch to go along with the new Raid.

Fitting 36 specs into a 5 man format but keeping them unique is a much harder ask. There are certain spec traits that are always going to be considered meta by the community which is why the same Classes/Specs always seem to be in favor. When Raiding was the cap stone of end game it wasn’t as much of an issue but with M+ being seen as a viable alternative the cracks in spec design are glaring.

That rich, why don’t you actually state your point so people know wtf you’re talking about

1 Like

I love these threads. Always read the same. “Raid logger mad game no longer caters only to them”

1 Like

Why do people need to point to one thing? If anything you are contributing to the problem, because people who believe you will think if this one thing gets fixed everything is fixed.

Many things contribute to WoW’s decline. New competition. Poor writing. Poor balancing. Poor planning. Hell, even the archaic art style is why a gamer friend of mine from work has no interest.

The game is feeling its age. WoW has a lot of baggage. It is time for a significant upgrade or sequel to start over fresh and new. If Blizzard doesn’t have one at least in the planning phase they are going to fail as a company in the next decade.

It’s called Diablo 4 and they are putting all of their eggs in that basket. It’s being built like a top-down isometric MMO. Diablo has always been their most popular franchise as well, so it was surprising they went with warcraft for their mmo to begin with.

1 Like