Y'all are so quick to forget the actual gameplay changes coming in 9.1.5

I do, like I said in the other thread, I’m making my way through mythic plus. It’s going pretty great so far. No pug drama

Bye, enjoy your ghost town of a game.

Why do you care about the population of the game if you’re leaving?

Why do you care if he cares about your caring about … what was your point?

You are still full of nonsense. Trying to push people out of the game because they dare say that something is bad, and that the game needs to improve.

Such an Antwan. Are you going to go grab an axe and start whacking the servers if people don’t do what you like?

The game is literally improving.

Op: how dare you focus on blizz’s censorship of their community.

Playerbase: /logout

I’m sure it’s been mentioned plenty of times in this thread already but the problem is that most of the 9.1.5 gameplay changes are things that should have been there on Shadowlands launch. They are obvious fixes to systems that are obviously badly designed and people suggested many of these same fixes from as early as the beta or, in the case of switching covenants, on the day Shadowlands was announced.

It’s far too late to save this expansion’s reputation and so many people have already jumped ship. It seems likely that Blizzard knew that these systems were broken and that these changes would fix them and were withholding them until later to boost player activity once it started dropping over the course of the expansion. But they’ve done this for three expansions in a row now and it looks like people have given up on being burned again and again. This all ties back to Ion Hazzikostas’s total failure to grasp the concept of political capital: burning player goodwill is a lot harder than building it and under his leadership WoW has completely depleted the goodwill of its customers. He should have resigned or been kicked out years ago.

2 Likes

It’s because the gameplay changes in 9.1.5 should’ve been there from the beginning.

2 Likes

i Was looking forward to some of these changes until they started their clense in the name of wokism. i have issue with supporting extremiism be it left -or- right.

They should have. Absolutely 110%.

But to me, it’s better to get them late rather than never.

Removing emotes in a video game is in no way extremist.

Get a grip

This is what was said when they did the same in Legion or BFA. People are tired of Blizzard walking into obvious mistakes time and time again and at this point people are just assuming they’re doing it on purpose. Why shouldn’t players assume it won’t just happen again and again here on out? Every recent expansion is released with poorly designed systems mostly aimed at wasting your time and limiting your freedom of trying new things and we have to wait until the latter half of an expansion just to see them fixed in sensible ways that were suggested from the very start. BFA was dire enough and if Blizzard didn’t learn their lesson there why should we assume they’ve learned it now?

Personally I’m not holding out any hope until we see a major change in leadership. A change in company CEO is good, but I’m talking about WoW’s development in particular. To put it bluntly: Hazzikostas needs to go. I don’t see any hope for this game with that man leading its development. His game design philosophy is rancid, he’s pathologically dishonest, he’s incapable of admitting fault, and he will never change any of this. I knew he was bad news from 2015 when he spearheaded Blizzard’s attempt to phase out flying from the game and everything from then onwards has only proven those suspicions to be correct.

1 Like

BECAUSE THOSE SAME CHANGES WERE DEMANDED in BETA PTR before SL even dropped and were REJECTED by the powers that be, and IGNORED.

THAT’S why no one is jumping up and down with love

3 Likes

Now imagine what other game play improvements of bug fixes they could have done if they were not busy changing irrelevant stuff. I honestly don’t really care about the changes they are making, I just see it as something they could have done when when their game isn’t in such a bad state. Even so, I am still looking forward to 9.1.5 :slight_smile:

Blizzard making it their personal project to change almost every class every expansion to feel completely different doesn’t help this. Most classes don’t feel anything like they used to. I harp on balance because you’ll see some be middle of the pack or okay, then be bottom of the barrel.

Going into the higher end content, and being told, “you can’t play this this patch. we need this buff” or “you can play this fotm class, but not your main”. Every player can adapt and get better. I’m in progress, myself, but its these annoying changes that made me hate my holy pally, my surv hunter, my balance druid, etc.

I know this was 5 days ago, but I haven’t really been online. I’m just tired of the massive swings in different directions.

I disagree.
Pvp has always been fun.
But this season is a dumpster fire with these bogus upgrades.
It doesn’t even make sense, in order to climb rating, you gotta beat people that are up to 70 ilvl above you in BGs and up to 60 ilvl higher than you in arena.

Absolutely stupid

I’m excited for skips, catchup, and heirlooms. Even though I build my own gear post 50, I always upgrade my looms anyway so in a way it will save me some gold. I mean at least they won’t just get vendored at cap.