Y'all are so quick to forget the actual gameplay changes coming in 9.1.5

Okay bye now

It’s easier for an unhappy person to dwell on something negative than see anything good, misery loves company.

24 hours 223 comment yet only 8 likes? I think it isn’t just Blizzard not winning with people.

Oh there is still an AOE cap it’s just reduced damage (most likely 3%) on mobs over 5 so we still have AOE cap.

Exactly this. They tried but failed on covenant changes and changes in Korthia, namely the relic scaling, with QoL changes they are putting in I wouldn’t be surprised if relic scaling is worse.

No they didn’t not even close, it’s like a band-aid. 9.1.5 is suited to their needs not the players.

4 Likes

This is all major patch content, not minor patch content. Minor patches rarely add new content to the game. The focus of minor patches is to add small things, fix issues with game systems and address balance issues. Which makes 9.1.5 an outlier because it’s adding a lot of stuff, far more than any other .5 patch.

Chances are you’ll get all three of those things in 9.2

This is happening in 9.2, Blizzard has been doing this since Legion. The Karazhan mythic dungeon was added in 7.1 and it split into 2 dungeons and became queable (with a heroic mode) in 7.2. Mechagon was added in 8.2, it did not split into two dungeons and become queable until 8.3

So following that same methodology, Tazavesh, having been added in 9.1, will split into two dungeons and become queable in 9.2.

We focus on the rest because these changes are things that should’ve been in at launch. In fact, there should be more QOL changes than this because it’s still less than what we’ve gotten in previous xpacs.

Covenants = Garrisons with more effort/less reward. You didn’t have to spend all your time plowing through things to make it work. Once you unlocked buildings, that’s that. You drop the gold and let resources accrue and spend them. You got a portal. None of this “swap because a minor hotfix/patch happened” and repeat from 0.
Legendaries = a garbage repetitive farm system in a zone that sucks the life out of the gameplay
Gear = less. More roulette. More crap you need to buy and store in your bags for whatever reason. Equates to azerite armor/tier sets. Better in some ways, worse in other.
Also gear. We have no way to just buy things we need. Remember timeless isle, where BoA pieces would drop left and right? Or the valor vendors from previous xpacs where you could grind the resource and spend it?

Everything about shadowlands just seems so insistent in disrespecting your time. You get lucky or you get burned out. I want to enjoy the game again. At least in previous xpacs, if the content was garbage, it didn’t feel awful to do the mundane, mindless grinds. Here, that’s all you really have.

I’ll be excited when Legion timewalking is implemented… for only two weeks?

I’m also tired of massive class changes. “Balancing” never ends up feeling like balance, either. They just move someone from the top to the bottom for a while, like hunters.

1 Like

That’s basically what balancing in MMOs is.

It’s a see-saw, where a class/spec that was underperforming is buffed to bring them in line with the others, while others are nerfed, but in doing that, the see-saw tilts, and a class that may have been at the top is now in the middle or at the bottom, meaning that when the next patch rolls around, that class at the bottom gets some adjustments and the see-saw tilts again.

Getting perfect balance is like getting a see-saw to indefinitely sit in the middle, leaning neither to one side or the other, and that’s something that doesn’t happen often, and when it does happen? It’s only for a short time before the next change happens that causes another tilt.

I get it. It’s just annoying. There’s always pressure to abandon something you loved for something stronger when you’re trying to fill a specific necessity in a group.

There were several points in time where I felt I could play well enough, even if not amazing, and still feel the impact of what I was doing. Other times, it felt as if I had to have the highest gear and that was all that mattered, or that playing a certain spec was just impossible. With the reintroduction of specific buffs, the class/spec that brings it becomes a necessity, when in the past Blizz stated they wanted us to bring the player, not the class.

I know I’m not like, the tippy top of the 1% or anything, but it doesn’t seem someone should feel entirely invalidated just because of some changes coming out of left field.

Yeah, Blizzard abandoned that philosophy in WoD during the great ability purge sadly. And I get why they did it, because classes no longer felt unique. Why put in the effort to play a shaman to provide your guild with Bloodlust/Heroism when Mages and Hunters could provide the same exact thing? There was no point.

And I get it, I do. I play paladins and warriors as my mains almost exclusively and I remember when the Blizzard mantra for Paladins was ‘to the ground’ because they’d nerf us so hard we ended up in a crater.

It sucks when we lose advantages we did have. Part of me wishes they could get that perfect balance, and to be fair, it is possible. It would require a ton of work. But it could be done. The issue then is that they could never add or change anything else. No new abilities, no new talents. Nothing. Because adding or changing even one thing ruins the balance and we’re back at square one.

1 Like

Basically, yeah. That’s how it all ended up feeling. I miss the flavor from the old iterations of classes. I doubt we’ll ever see it again, but I sure hope they find it. Everything feels so foreign and… un-wowlike for me lately.

It’s hard to give someone credit for something they broke in the first place.

4 Likes

I mean, class balance is pretty good in PvE settings. Outside of the hardest content in the game, all classes can find relative success.

I never understood why people harp so much on balance when in reality, the vast majority of players are not being limited by their class. The biggest limiting factor is personal play.

I’m happy about the upcoming changes as well. WoW is cheap entertainment I still find fun.

Cheers!

1 Like

Them fixing problems they created when they do this every expac is not something I celebrate. Because they never learn that lesson. Next expac will have the same gates. They’ll then lift them halfway through like they gave us something.

3 Likes

The problem isn’t 9.1.5 itself, but the fact that the PTR should be for 9.2 by this time in Sahdowland’s lifecycle.

1 Like

You’re definitely not wrong that they’ve done this before, but still. I’d rather we get the changes late than not at all.

Beta testing and listening to feedback definitely needs work.

i cant wait for 9.1.5 so i can keep doing the same content ive been doing for a whole year!! lets go torghast!!

What the minimal class balencing and legendary tuning that will probably do stuff all to actually help balence the classes and legendary choices? Sure the slight vuff to AoE abilities is nice but we were also asking for that to be removed before it was even implemented.

9.1.5 is a nice patch for sure, but it doesn’t fix any of the actual issues with the game. Crappy “tier sets” that you MUST raid to get the majority of the bonuses, having to do choreghast for legendries, crappy PvP balance and gearing, Crappy gear drops and no protection against bad vault picks, a horribly long korthia grind (that is only getting SLIGHTLY better for alts in 9.1.5) so on so forth. Also don’t forget most of these changes should’ve been added either in 9.0.5 or earlier AND that this patch is meant to keep people happy until 9.2 (which is will still be 3-4 months away by the looks of it).

So yea it’s a good patch, but it’s a good patch that has taken way too long, was reactive to an exodus of players, and only adds nice QoL which doesn’t fix any of the core issues that make SL just overall unfun.

No new content. Total loss.

9.1.5 is what 9.1 should have been, period. A day (few months) late and a dollar (numerous subscriptions lost) short.

All 10 remaining players will sure enjoy 9.2…on deserted realms.

It’d just be nice if they listened out of the gate. Instead deciding to take it live, rinse and repeat.

2 Likes

you can put a turd on wheels so it rolls away faster but it still stinks