XT-002 Deconstructor Tuning Coming Later Today -- January 31

Will you press the random dungeon finder button? I’d prob stay subbed.

how you gunna say its so easy now and you havent done it on hardmode?

Actually please stay unsubbed, all you do is moan and whine on retail forums and then you threw a tantrum and came to classic and now are wanting changes here, just stop

I agree, and also because many guilds weren’t even trying to clear him because of the tuning.

My guild probably could have easily cleared 25 man HM, but we chose not to even attempt it because we have other HMs we’re focusing on. Had we known the extent of the nerfs, we wouldn’t have skipped it.

Also and more akin to what you’re specifically talking about: The reason we chose to skip it anyway was because we absolutely didn’t expect them to gut the entire encounter.

There was literally no reason to do this drastic of a nerf. The people I saw asking for XT to be nerfed were merely concerned with the mathematical improbability of killing the boss- the mechanics of the fight were not difficult, it was the fact that the sheer amount of damage and healing needed for the encounter was too high even with near BiS.

The fact that Algalon was killable before XT shows that the tuning was off, but it didn’t need to be THAT dramatic of a nerf.

1 Like

No. The original final nerfed version of the boss was very easy back in the day.

Here’s a video from 2009 by Tankspot showing the Lifespark having 176,000 health compared to the 302,400 they have after the hotfix:

XT HM actually has less health now than the original final nerfed version did. The original ended up with 36,000,000 while this iteration we have on Classic now has 25,200,000. However, all these other pre-nerf changes remain in place, including the 6 minute Berserk timer down from 10 minutes:

It is now. So where is RDF?

I don’t understand nerfing normal and 10m at all, especially nerfing them further than they ever were in OG Wrath, but today’s Blizzard can’t do anything right.

Just the health is nerfed further. Everything else is significantly more difficult. You can watch videos of HM XT kills in 2009 and see just how easy it was.

No

It’s not. They left the increased damage in for his abilities, and they didn’t change the berserk timer from 6 mins (it was 10 mins in XT’s final form).

The end result is a fight that deals significantly more damage and still has a higher DPS requirement than the final version of XT hard mode in the original wrath.

Long story short, even with less total health, the fight is still significantly harder than the finalized XT.

1 Like

Ok, well all people were focusing on was his health. Which obviously isn’t the only factor.

His health was the reason the boss was unkillable. He does still put out a lot of damage.

Where are the No Changes people at? lol

Also a much shorter enrage.

Being gate kept because aren’t full T8 after 3 weeks of Ulduar isn’t anti-social.

And you know what you’re talking about?

Gate kept? The whole idea of raiding is generally progression. The second its all doable immediately with any available gear is just a chore no different than dailies. At this rate they might aswell just let you cash shop gear instead of GDKPs if people really want to just be able to do things breezily.

Another guy who hasn’t even done the raid making absurd slippery slope arguments. Incredible.

The difference between getting it to 25% and killing it would have been over 30 THOUSAND raid dps. You are out of your mind if you think a couple weeks of gear is adding 30 THOUSAND raid dps.

Oh, the delicious, juicy irony in telling people to screech more while you’re pitching a fit over an unkillable boss being nerfed. Love it.

1 Like

So he went from way over tuned to…1000+ killing him in 2 days…I stopped paging at 1000. Lots of kills in the 4:30-4:45 window…

RIP XT

He is still harder than Thorim though I think. Seemed harder. Easy mode feels like you could 5 man it, not killing the heart is kind of hard to do. Hard mode still felt very damage heavy.