Xpoff in xpon bg's

I’m confused too. I’m slowly leveling an alt through PVP and I’ve seen GY camping one time about 25 levels ago and that was the only time. Before, it was quite often. The overall quality has been greatly improved. Though that’s anecdotal, it’s still interesting how those who did not want separated from levelers all claim nothing has changed yet everyone else says the opposite.

1 Like

I had right around 110 games on my DI Warrior ( and a little over half were before the break ) before I hit 120 and I can count on one hand the number of times I’ve seen/been GY camped.

1 Like

I don’t care about twinks persay, but I did enjoy making a lot of gold selling old crap nobody would have bothered with. Overnight pricey twink gear became unwanted bad-looking transmogs.

2 Likes

THIS!
10/ char

Since you did, since you wouldn’t list any of the names of enchants or the BoE gear you bought and not what ‘you paid for it’ since you said ‘anyone can just drop under 5k and be as powerful as me.’ which was heftily disproven

This sort of thing has been happening since Vanilla’s PVP days. Twinks would queue for a xp on bg, it pops and then they immediately turned off their xp right before joining. This happened for a LONG time. The non-twinks complained. Blizzard decided to “fix” this issue by having everyone join the bg as a one big happy family. Again, the non twinks complained and Blizzard “fixed” this issue, yet again, by separating the 2. Now, the non twinks are still complaining. People didn’t get banned before the changes, they probably won’t be getting banned now. Blizz will just change the rules again.

He has no azerite gear. Nor do I.

I have 2 Legion-capped accounts and no BfA one, because as yet I have seen no reason to buy the expansion. Even the people who claim they are having fun are toxic and angry.

There is no requirement that people buy BfA. It is not exploiting anything to remain level-capped. The specific “exploit” involves transferring a BfA twink with leveled neck and azerite into a legion-capped account and queuing as xp on.

They have not said anything about whether or how they will deal with this issue. I believe they will though.

This issue was dealt with in the past by allowing twinks join non-twink bgs and disabling the click xp off feature during the queue pop. This issue wouldn’t be a problem if they allowed horde to play as ally and vise versa if one side is lacking players. It helped in the past at max level, it might help the twink brackets at lower levels. Otherwise, it’s best if Blizz merges the twinks and non-twinks into one bracket again. There really is no difference in merging twinks and non-twinks in leveling brackets since you have the exact same thing happen in regular bgs at max level: Fresh 120 vs geared 120.

The problem is not twinks. It is premades.

And I say that as a player who always used to solo queue in any bracket my twinks played. But now you have no choice but to group up.

Yes, premades are the worst when solo queuing but if you happen to be a part of one it’s SO much fun working together conquering everything!

I hope you keep queuing up with friends. You are good people and skillful. great awareness.

Premades are just social players. I don’t feel premades are a big deal they help create competition and the spoils go to the prepared

but I do respect your opinion

I think there should be a “premades” division with perhaps greater reward incentives, to encourage players to get more skilled and queue with friends. But also solo pugs could choose to queue in that division to fill groups, knowing that both sides would have at least 1 premade in it.

Incentives could in theory increase participation. But the game is probably too small for such a thing to be practical, even if there was will.

This is true. Premades are fun for the social aspect of it. However, there aren’t very many premades at low levels compared to max so they can’t really match them against each other. I think this is what skewed the twink perception more than anything. One or two twinks was no big deal as they had to work with their team still. A 5 man of twinks was no good.

1 Like

That would be a great idea or we can arrange war games with horde … but lower bracket ratings with arena would be fun too

1 Like

Somehow xpoff had arena brackets for 60s, 19s, 29s, ect.

Itd be cool to figure out how they did it.

As they rightfully should. I wasn’t aware anything changed.

No i mean they actually had a rating system implemented on the website that tracked your win/loss against 60s specifically.