Xal'atath Was The Fifth Old God

yshaara was the strongest of them all and the sha were basically clones he created as he was being destroyed.
The heart wasnt an old god it just laid the lore foundation that even a bit of them is so overwhelmingly corrupting nothing can be done.
Also adds to the ghun lab test that was made of parts of old gods once they were contained.
Xal would have to be the final one imprisoned by the 4 that arrived first and later freed for helping the last one.
The old lore pointed out that #5 got there after the other 4 set up shop and created the black empire thats how late in the game #5 was and before the titans found them.

Yeah, the old lore isn’t necessarily from a correct viewpoint though.
So if Y’shaarj was ripped out and 5 were imprisoned. Then that means there’s 2 old gods yet to see. That also doesn’t include Xal.

I still fully expect N’zoth to be alive as well.

yogg cthun still locked up nzoth supposed to be dead but honestly they got more plot armor then nude malfurion on holiday.

Titan(not Old God) viewpoint says 5 Old Gods were chained beneath the earth not that there were 5 to invade Azeroth.

Y’Shaarj was destroyed so he doesn’t count among the 5 and Xal’atath was eaten so she doesn’t count. Only Yogg-Saron, C’Thun, N’Zoth and G’huun(whom the Titans consider to be an Old God despite being one of their creations) count among the 5.

1 more Old God to find in otherwords.

Y’Shaarj was torn to shreds, N’Zoth was Re-Originated and G’huun was straight up killed dead leaving only C’Thun and Yogg-Saron still alive with C’Thun outright being freed from his prison though obviously still reeling from Sargeras injecting him with Fel(which reacts badly to Shadow) via his Sword while attempting to stab Azeroth’s Heart.

So for the Old Gods we have an Old God stronger than N’Zoth(the weakest of the bunch aside from G’huun) lurking in some Titan Prison awaiting a confrontation with us while Yogg-Saron begins plans to fully break his chains while C’Thun recovers from Fel poisoning.

Furthermore the word Circle of Stars is an Egyptian term for the Sea(explaining why N’Zoth calls the Last Prison the Circle of Stars made flesh) and the Emerald Nightmare’s Sea is still active so who knows what we may find there.

1 Like

Supposed to be dead but he was also stabbed with an item made to imprison void beings, I’m thinking he used it as a phylactery to escape. He had plans for us, I think it was to take out Zovaal for him to make another return later for his own goals.

I find it unlikely that G’huun is counted, but who knows.

Nzoth probably would wanted to go next lvl rather than for azeroth the jailer would been top tier and would made sl more interesting tbh.

They are definitely counted think about it titans stuck around to experiment with yshaara body parts and yoggs blood created a new old god went oh sheet locked it up moved on.
Honestly would excepted that for sargs motivation if they were going to retcon most his lore in legion.
He saw them make an old god went oh crap they must be purged by fire lol.

Not by the Old Gods maybe but the book was originally written by the Titan Keepers’ propagandists(with Deathwing procuring a Copy for himself to write notes in) and as https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Containment_Procedure shows the Titan Keepers designated G’huun as an Old God.

I just mean I don’t think he’d count as one of the 5 imprisoned.
He wouldn’t have existed until the titans experimented, which I would think, would have taken place well after the 5 were imprisoned. Don’t think you’d have time to experiment and play around if Old Gods are running amok.

Old Gods are everywhere. The ones we have are our problem but other planets have them as well. Those two deer dudes the gay ones in ardenweald became night warriors to kill the one that crashed into their planet. Old gods are universal parasites.

Old Gods are just looking for a warm home.

They affect the environment around them proportionate to their power, as every other conscious being on Azeroth.

No different than if humanity were a spacefaring species.

Oh hi you! Hope life is going well for you now, not that you’ll see this message but sending you well-wishes.