Xal'atath Was The Fifth Old God

Pretty sure if you tmog it still talks it did in SL.

1 Like

Aw man Necro.

I thought Mortis was back. I hope he’s doing okay.

lmao.

3 Likes

OP’s theory was pretty good which is why I remembered it. The 5th old god in that banner has leaves which makes me wonder if we’re going to have Emerald Dream linkages in Dragonflight.

2 Likes

Xal’atath could be considered an Old God but I consider her more an entity that acted as an ambassador of the Void that oversaw the Old God’s mission on Azeroth. She was her own thing but the other Old God’s placed her inside a claw of Y’shaarj.

A quote from a Klaxxi “His last terrible breath has haunted this land ever since, but the shadows he left behind are mere whispers of his former glory.” Given that they are servants of the old gods and Y’Shaarj is the only one to have had a “Last breath.”

BUTTTTTTTT The theory that Xal’atath is Y’shaarj would be interesting given another weapon made afterwards “Xal’atoh, The Desecrated image of Gorehowl.” but I also will shoot this idea in the foot that it might just be anything made from a part of an old god.

The blade is pretty heavily implied to be a piece of Y’shaarj as one of the appearances essentially confirms that aspect of the theory. However, it’s pretty much confirmed that Y’shaarj is “male” as we hear its voice several several times and he never alters it. Xal’atath isn’t Y’shaarj, but was a separate entity forced into the blade.

I consider it due to hatred by the others. She is also heavily implied to have favored Y’shaarj over the other 3 given her quotes praising him and being harsh towards the others.

Likely she was the one guiding the mission and they got tired of her bossing them around.

Guess he didn’t like what he saw was coming with Shadowfail lol. This game is nothing without an old god problem to deal with, or the burning legion :crazy_face:

It makes me wonder, are we going fight Y’Shaarj again? Sure he cease to exist after defeating Garrosh in SoO, I have a feeling that we might go back in time back to Black Empire era for future raid content.

He just didn’t feel like playing anymore. He was burnt out on MMO style gameplay when he signed off

2 Likes

That picture sort of looks like sargaras’s sword.

It happens. Cool dude and liked his posts mostly.

Ye. I miss him. But if he’s just off playing other things or not being online as much. I’d rather he be having fun.

3 Likes

When this got brought up I noticed the borders: All the known old gods are with art that represented their location.

Y’shaarj: Cloud serpent body (Heart imprisoned in Pandaria)
Yogg Saron: Rocks/earth (imprisoned deep under ground)
N’Zoth: Water/waves (imprisoned deep under water)
C’Thun: Ahn’Qiraj buildings (imprisoned in AQ)
Mystery: Skeletons and leaves (Emerald dream? Ardenweald?)

1 Like

THIS is when a WoW player’s pedantic and OCD like behavior is greatly welcomed.

Good show.

Old god, yes. Locked away by the Titans, negative. As far as we know, she wasn’t locked away underground. Or was she.

My money’s on G’huun. Walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, made of old ducks. Was locked underground like a duck. Not to mention this is all “titan version” of what went on. I wouldn’t put it past them tooting their own horn about closing and locking the door on their own “test tube baby” .

We could easily have more.
Old in-game book says 5 were imprisoned beneath the world…so if Y’shaarj was ripped form it and destroyed, that could easily mean there are 6. It all depends on if the heart being put into the Vale is counted as one of the 5.
And then we’ve got Xal’atath. If she’s an old god, then that’s 6 or 7.

Plus we could always have others make their way here. There’s an untold number of them out in the cosmos. We really need to return to Argus for the Broken and bring them in as playable with the outland ones. Could there be any old gods there still or were they wiped out by Legion?

Xal could have easily been locked away during the Black Empire prior to the titans arriving.

I’m curious to see how things go.

It is little confused what they will do in the final destination of this expansion.

One is in those of infinite flight and the fate of Nozdormu, plus the emerald dream, and now we have the fifth old god.

I don’t know but here you will see problems as the lore of this expansion is destined later.

Things that will happen… I think.

Salandria will do something bad. Like really bad. We know this is going to happen.

This thing that is bad will probably lead to Kairoz killing Soridormi. We also know this is going to happen.

Having his Waifu murdered by Dollar Store Kairos Fateweaver will probably make Charlie Sheen’s dad turn evil (Charlie Sheens dad is Nozdormu).

This all makes sense when you think about Kairos and a throwaway line from MoP about “becoming infinite” as well as his attempt to generate “infinite armies” from “infinite worlds”. I think he finally succeeded in generating infinite armies with the armies of the light… especially since he was allegedly killed by being choked out by Garrosh, which I find unlikely. In Warhammer lore Kairos is two headed, with one viewing the past and the other viewing the future. I think we still have one head to deal with.

But anyways, how do you deal with infinite armies of the light? Void lords.

Pretty sure the dagger lore for priests explain that it was locked in the dagger then lost ended up in grimbatol caused mess there got lost again over and over.
And I do recall some old lore about the 5th being the weakest the others just got rid of it before thetitans showed up.

Yeah, I just mean if she’s a old god, then she’s not one of the 5 because she wasn’t imprisoned underground by the titans according to the in-game book that’s making another appearance by being annotated.
She’d be the 6th, then depending on how Y’shaarj is viewed he could be one of the 5 or the 7th.