Xal’atath = Alleria?

I know it may be retconning a bit but could Xal’atath be a void manifestation of the dark side of Alleria Windrunner? The Locus-Walker said she is unbalanced…

1 Like

Xal’atath existed long before Alleria ate the void juice. And before Alleria herself existed.

11 Likes

Well, not much is known about Xal’atath and the new pic of (it) and Alleria side by side makes me wonder. Maybe it was just lazy graphic design utilizing the same model or maybe there’s more to it. Curious to see how the story unfolds.

3 Likes

We know she existed during the time of the Black Empire, so she inherently predates all the mortal races.

3 Likes

If they throw in time travel it could be possible.
Otherwise not

2 Likes

Well, we know that does exist in WoW. Nothing is impossible here :laughing:

Right but she took over some Blood Elf which is her current form.
Did they ever say who that Blood Elf was?

And why does she know every thought and memory Alleria is having?

2 Likes

Alleria stared too long into the void. Eventually, the void stares back.

1 Like

Xal’atath is Bizarro Alleria.

2 Likes

In all likelihood she simply conjured that form herself.

She’s also a void entity, they have a habit of seeing into people’s minds.

1 Like

I doubt, I think it’s more likely that their usage and philosophy on the void is like a mirrored reflection of each other. Similar in many things, but ultimately, reversed.

The only weird way I can see Xal’atah = Alleria is in some void time f’ery where Xal’atath is Alleria’s future sent to the past to ensure that she would always become Xal’atah in the end, which I would hope they would avoid after WoD, time travelling is excendingly hard to get right.

3 Likes

i literally came here to see if somebody had the same thought as me. because their key art is so similar that I went O,o

2 Likes

She took over the body of a High Elf named Inanis.

She’s not Alleria. She’s something very ancient to the world believed to be the fifth old god.

3 Likes

The only way that Xal’atath could be Alleria is if time travel is involved.
You would think that would make it unlikely, but it isn’t that far reaching as Xal’atath has already been meddling with time.

We see her in the dawn of the infinite dungeon meddling with it, and she has even made a couple of cameo’s in season of discovery classic.

There is a connection with this theory mainly being because Alleria questions how Xal’atath knows so much about her and can recreate her memories.

Xal’atath is also mentioned in connection as having the ‘dark heart’, while specifically talking about Alleria’s ‘weak heart’. Now the dark heart is an item, but it is funny these two things would be mentioned so close to one another.

Alleria also states that if anything happened to her family she would be lost to the void. (Even having one of the nightmare scenarios in bfa)

Now personally I do not believe this is where they will go with it.(They could, but I wouldn’t bet on it)

I could see Alleria being the true ‘harbinger’ I could also see Xal’atath wanting to possess Alleria in a similar way as she did that other elf. I really don’t know which direction blizzard is going, but they have three expansions to tell the story.

That’s the thing they already did throw in time travel. In fact, time travel seems to be Xal’ataths biggest feat so far, even meeting the ‘hero’ in classic, and empowering them with the void (this is currently happening in classic season of discovery)

1 Like

Did you not do the quest chain?

Was it a Horde Quest Chain? I spent most of that expansion on Zandalar.

We know she was locked away in the dagger back in the days of the Black Empire. And only recently freed in BFA. So not sure how you could possible think they are the same “entity”.

Soulebreaker literally linked the person who’s body she [Xal’atath] stole and quoted you in the post.

1 Like

Yeah I think she that was a response to my question. I didn’t see her answer to my question before I asked it.

Temporal anomaly no doubt.

1 Like

They are going to use time magic to send Alleria back to the Black Empire where she will sacrifice herself and become Xal’atath the dagger- wait, this is just like Norzdormu’s story…

1 Like